After pilots attain a Lead Pilot rating, they can proceed with the FAC(A) qualification.
After succeeding they will be able to:
- Maintain awareness of the enemy situation, prioritize and select targets, and locate friendly units to ensure deconfliction.
- Prevent fratricide.
- Knowing the supported unitís plans, position, and needs.
- Locate targets of opportunity.
- Request air strikes.
- Control air strikes.
- Prevent duplication of engagements..
- Perform airspace management
- Perform battle damage assessment (BDA).
This in day, night and adverse weather conditions.