Sorry I've been gone so long: weekend at Dad's.

My name is Steve "El_Roto" G. and I live in far S.E. Wisconsin, USA. I'm almost directly between Milwaukee and Chicago plus right on the shore of Lake Michigan (the only Great Lake entirely within the U.S.) which is a great place to be - if it weren't for the d**n winters!!

"El Roto" is, loosely translated, "The Broken One". I've had about 12 surgeries, have plates in my lower back and neck, two artificial hips and assorted maladies. I am broken.

I've been flying sims since they started making them: too many too list. I've been involved in several virtual organizations, including running the competition ladder for the 714th VFS back in the mid/late '90s (I forget exactly when). DCS A-10C is my passion right now; I haven't flown anything else since Nov. 2010. In fact, I haven't played anything else since then other than a brief flirtation with Deus Ex - Human Revolution. Fallout New Vegas and Civ V are sitting unopened. Diablo III may be a different story, however.

I'm really looking forward to helping out the 476th in any way I can. I feel a real kinship with the pilots here, having known all of them since I've been flying A-10C multiplayer (13 months now) and I also have a tremendous amount of respect for them both as pilots and as people. Striking out on your own is a very difficult thing but I feel this was done for all the right reasons by all the right people.

Blue Skies!