Slovenia
       Slovenia

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Advices on FRAPS please

Can you guys tell me what video settings you guys use in FRAPS. Also once video is recorded, do you upload directly to youtube or do you edit it first? If, what do you use?

About time I start pumping out videos

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    Attached are the settings I use.

Since I'm having an additional 2 screens attached to duplicate my MFD's, I hace to crop all my video's.
    Using "iWisoft Free Video Converter" for that, but it always makes my video's darker.

Think I might have to look into something more robust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuka For This Useful Post:

Energy (23Dec12)

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Well I did upload the raw footage to Youtube once and even on a 6m/s upload connection that took hours and youtube is really crounching the numbers then.

My last vid was made with Fraps and Openshot Video editor (which is linux program) And converting it a little bit helps with youtube a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    I always get the problem that my sound is not in-sync with the video in the raw recording from FRAPS.
    Possibly a problem with playing and recording on the same HDD according to some boards, so if you're experiencing this problem take it to heart.
    You should record to a different harddisk (physical one, not only a partition) than the one you are playing your games on.

AWACS/ATC Controller - A-10C Pilot

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    I have FRAPS recording at full resolution (1920x1200), but not set to lossless RGB recording as it doesn't really add anything given that you'll be compressing the video during editing anyway.

As for uploading raw FRAPS footage, hell no, it's just too large. You have to edit & compress using some form of editing software. Now there are some free editing programs out there, but to be honest I've never really tried any of them. I use Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and I will say it's well worth the cost, especially if you do photo work as well as you can buy Photoshop and Premiere Elements as a package.

Another good option is Sony Vegas, I haven't used it, but it's the suite that GlowingAmraam uses for his videos and many others as well.

Editing and producing videos in an appropriate format massively reduces file size with little reduction in quality. For example the videos I made for Weapons School are all 1080p and the largest is only 42mb in size (using a flash .f4v codec).