Thread: iControl Setup

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

iControl Setup

Ok so I took the plunge and purchased DCS iControl for iPad and I'm already regretting it...I'm on a single monitor and this whole virtual second monitor thing I keep reading about is a bit daunting. For those of you that have it, do you all have a second monitor to put the mandatory displays on or has anyone actually tried to make a virtual display to export them to? I don't really want to fly around with floating MFCDs and a CDU on my screen!

Lebanon
       Lebanon

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Purchased it a long time ago, used it once, regretted it, stopped using it and never looked back.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I remember fiddling with it for a while, and it always came out as a bit laggy and slow. I wish I could fill you in on more details, I just totally forgot about this.

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

iControl Setup

Got it working with 2 screens , but got it to work for another pilot with just one screen , its tedious to get to work , but does what is advertised . PM me if you need any help , to long to explain in a post!

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I purchased it about four months ago.....same storey as Gopher to tell really. Played about a bit with it...couldn't sort out a ' virtual screen, and have really not bothered since, putting it down to a bit of a gimmick, that I was gullible enough to have fallen for.
    It would be handy for radios, ILS and Tacan frequencies, but I figured things are just fine as they are. I am using only a single monitor also.
    Any simple instructions / directions would be appreciated, as the information I have found on ED site is not straight forward.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Well I figured out a use for it, I just disabled the MFCDs and the CDU and use the UFC and the radios which is actually very handy. I have the cougar MFDs so I actually place may iPad with a little lift right behind them so the UFC sits above them and voila! its in a perfect spot like the real UFC. Works like a charm, and now I have a place to hold my iPad that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing I'm going to get my $30 of use out of it somehow!!!

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

iControl Setup

Sounds very usefull baxter!
    I like the fact that you can ramp start the plane without having to look for the mouse, also changing radios on the "fly" is a breeze.
    Have you alleady tested if the synchronization is the same in singleplayer as in multi , i used to have some hassles getting it to work while connected to the DS

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    ooooo yeah good point....is there anything to fix that? or it either works or it doesnt?

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

iControl Setup

You need an updated main.lua , i can send it to your email , if you can pm me the adress . either that or wait till creator of icontrol updates this lua in the next version / update