Thread: My introduction

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    So you are a serving member of the military? Well you of all people should know what a VITAL role a crew chief plays and I just don't know why you would ever put that trade down?? If it wasn't for a crew chief, you would never get off the ground!!! There are many trades within the Air Force and they each play a role in generating Air Power. SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Welcome Grizzly, obviously you know how to rile up all the active duty maintenance personnel from all over the world, nice touch ; ). I've flown with lots of heavy lift rotor heads, CH-53s and CH-47s. The Chinook guys all insisted that it was the best non-attack helicopter out there. Some of them were 160th SOAR guys so I guess they would know...putting the ramp on the side of a four story buildings roof for guys to exit a building onto I guess is no big deal in a chinook. OK, the big question I have: Does the DCS: UH1 fly like the real helicopter? I've never tried to fly it but I've heard its a handful and I always wanted to hear from someone who has actually flown one.

Banned
    Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    @Gunfighter.

How many times do I have to tell you people that Ive got nothing against crewchiefs? How many times do I have to say that I respect them, like I respect all trades? How many times do I need to explain what my actual point was in that thread? How many times before you will understand?
    I'll repeat myself once again though... I was asking some critical questions to challenge the community, not to challenge a crew chief. Maybe a little provocative, but that's how you get a big discussion rolling. Unless you're on a forum full of fanboys, that I discovered :-) so for you: one more time: I have nothing against crew chiefs, you missed the point I tried to make. Since words don't seem to make it clear, watch this picture. It shows exactly what my point of criticism (on the community, not on the crew chief, really cant make it any more clear) was in that thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    This is going to go South pretty quickly, but here goes:

I have to say, your commentary over at the ED forums REALLY leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It's strange that you show up here not "want[ing] to be judged like that", when you yourself spent a great deal of effort to judge another serviceman based on your uninformed perception of his duties, abilities, and aptitude.

I suppose you'd be thrilled to hear someone tell you that your job "flying" Chinooks is pretty meaningless, because you know nothing about RV Delta procedures; ARIPs and ARCTs; JDAM LARs; IHP and RTP; MRC, DRC, RTSE; the difference between IFFCC Coordinate Ranging, Look-Aside Ranging, and Passive Ranging, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...? I mean really, just how many HARBs have you flown in a Chinook? How many HI-TACAN penetrations?

I have a theory: most guys who act like assholes don't realize that they are acting like one because no one ever tells him to his face. So, I feel it's my duty to tell you that you are acting like an asshole.

If you want to LEARN things you didn't know that you didn't know - and fly with other professional aviators, maintainers, and enthusiasts - by all means, apply forthwith. But if you're going to come in here with a chip on your shoulder, I suggest that you go somewhere else.

Edit to add:

This is the picture you were trying to post? You think that's funny?

Here's one I think is funnier:

Last edited by Noodle; 22May13 at 07:35.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Ebs (22May13)

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    CS, please close this topic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammer For This Useful Post:

Comrade (22May13)

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    Yup, this is going down. Closed.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuka For This Useful Post:

Comrade (22May13)