Thread: 1.2.6 crashing in multiplayer

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Solved the problem (I hope). I loaded the mod "Kuky's Better Fire, Smoke, & Explosions" from our site since it gives a much better picture of these events and helps to ID these from farther away in combat. Then I noticed another on our site "Kuky's Smoke Mod" that Increases the burn time and amount of smoke for destroyed vehicles. That overwrote Firevehicle.lua in DCS World\Bazar\ParticleEffects\Effects. I put the one from the first mod back in and last night had no crashes in multiplayer.

Who'd a thunk it?

If anyone has not installed either of these mods and has the original files, please let me know. I didn't keep them and would like to do so just in case. Looking for:
    DCS World\Bazar\ParticleEffects\effects\FireVehicle.lu a
    DCS World\Bazar\ParticleEffects\effects\FiatSmokeCloud .lua
    DCS World\Bazar\ParticleEffects\textures\DCSFireTex.pn g
    DCS World\Bazar\Effects\expl\boom1.lua
    Last edited by Rascal; 22Sep13 at 19:19.
    i7-2600K (3.4GHz) | Corsair Hydro H60 | Corsair Graphite 600T | ASUS P8Z68-V | 16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis (2X8GB)| EVGA GE Force GTX 980Ti 6 GB ACX 2.0 | 500 GB SSD | Two 2TB HItachi HD in Raid 1 | PS Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W |1x24", 1x19" | AOC E2752VH + Samsung 930B | TIR4+Clip Pro |TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek rudder | Logitech G13

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rascal For This Useful Post:

Joyride (23Sep13), Noodle (27Sep13)

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    The smoke mod does appear to be the cause, it seems the one I was using, and the version on our site was an old one that is causing issues.

I've uploaded a newer version to our website (in the same place as the old version) which seems fine. Stuka has been using this newer version all along without any issues, and since changing neither Gopher or I have had a crash. Not sure exactly why this file is causing the crash, but it doesn't really matter now there is a solution.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:

Gopher (23Sep13), Joyride (23Sep13), KIMB (23Sep13), Noodle (27Sep13)