Thread: AM & FM Preset Channel Keyboard Assignment Problem

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

AM & FM Preset Channel Keyboard Assignment Problem

Has anyone else tried assigning a key command for the increase and decrease of the AM and FM radio presets?

I have no problem with the UHF radio, but when I try to use a key command to rotate the dials on the AM and FM radios it will start spinning in one direction or another and then stop on a random number.

I thought initially that it may have been something goofy with the key assignments I was using, but even when I make them very simple I get the same thing.

Germany
       Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    This worked in 1.25, got broke in 1.26 and hopefully will work again in any of the patches to come

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Still broken in 1.2.7 OpenBeta. Hope this is a bug that will get acknowledged by enough folks and fixed through this testing process.

I just looked on the feedback forum for OpenBeta and didn't notice any comment related to the radios so I added it using some of the text in both your messages. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rascal; 25Dec13 at 15:05.
    i7-2600K (3.4GHz) | Corsair Hydro H60 | Corsair Graphite 600T | ASUS P8Z68-V | 16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis (2X8GB)| EVGA GE Force GTX 980Ti 6 GB ACX 2.0 | 500 GB SSD | Two 2TB HItachi HD in Raid 1 | PS Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W |1x24", 1x19" | AOC E2752VH + Samsung 930B | TIR4+Clip Pro |TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek rudder | Logitech G13

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Radios are still a bit screwy. They haven't fixed them properly since they broke them with 1.2.6.

There is a new Christmas update out today for the open beta though!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Thanks for the help guys. Between my birthday and Christmas I got a Logitech G13 and the Cougar MFDs. :-) So looking to do a little customization. I know setting the radio presets to a controller is something high on my list.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Enjoy the toys. I have a G13 and a layout with keystrokes and macros I could share. If you're interested send a PM with your email address and I can send you the 2 files.
    i7-2600K (3.4GHz) | Corsair Hydro H60 | Corsair Graphite 600T | ASUS P8Z68-V | 16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis (2X8GB)| EVGA GE Force GTX 980Ti 6 GB ACX 2.0 | 500 GB SSD | Two 2TB HItachi HD in Raid 1 | PS Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W |1x24", 1x19" | AOC E2752VH + Samsung 930B | TIR4+Clip Pro |TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek rudder | Logitech G13

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Thanks Rascal. Sending you a PM now.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    It was always neat to have the MFDs on a second screen, but with the Cougar MFDs it really adds another dimension of realism. Even though I'm just using an old LCD and the Cougars mounted to it with double sided tape, it really feels like a couple black boxes sitting on my desk. Can't quiet put the right words to say how immersive it is.