Thread: Old kid in the "Pit"

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Old kid in the "Pit"

Good day, I've been shopping for a group to train with. my draw to this is you all fly A10C only. This is all I fly and all I care to fly. I like the connection to the Boots on the ground.

I looked at requirements for training and all my questions have been answered, some of the basic requirements I can't yet claim, my Aerial refueling has suffered to the previous version of DCS world, but the new version leaves me with no excuses. I can at least connect enough to require a reset....

I found your squad while on Wiki looking for tips on using my MK1 eyeball effectively to prosecute the much respected HIND that AWACS sometimes gives me a "BRA" for. I found some conflicting info and I'm headed home to test them both, then I think the Beloved HIND will have something to sweet about.

I'm not that new to this, as much time as I have in to this I should be way better. but in my defense I've had a lot of fun building my "Pit", writing my TM warthog files. I believe after all these years I finally now have a Simulator that needs only to be driven.

With all my track-ir, multi-monitors, Lilliput MFCDs, G13 game pad. I have been able to use all the systems efficiently, its time for the next level. I need a goal, I want to be the member of a virtual squadron. I have what seem a long way to go to start as a recruit, and its good the class is closed, I'm not so sure I'm ready. I've never flown in multiplayer so I've not compared my self to others, and the AI smacks me around a bit. I feel I know at least what I need to work on most.

I've used Maple Flags training missions and loved them. I need to see what's new I've not been there since early 2012, I found Dragon missions and I'm about to start them tonight, they are multiplayer and I'll learn some stuff there.

I'm hoping I might find some one from here on a server some time soon that wouldn't mind me trying to see over their shoulder. I've had team speak in the past when I ran with the "America's Arm". that was good stuff, but I was missing my A10C. I need to re-install my Team speak, I may bother some one from here when I get that started.

OK, I'd better go, Forgive me please, I am gifted with gab

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Welcome Spoke, glad to have you!

Chile
       Chile

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Welcome!!!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Thanks for the Welcome's, I did my first DCS mulit-player. <insert; maniacal giggle>. its the little goals right? I got TeamSpeak and TARS up and running fine, and manage to develop some questions with one of Dragon's training CAS missions. I got confused with the Radio Channels. I'll entertain him with what DOC's I'll need to read for his missions, I just took a stab at it and I think I'll learn much from the Dragon missions.

I have some Question from here to answer that I'll not bother here till I do some searching, there is a document some where that has my answer some where. So... when does the Study SIM ever stop the Study? again thanks for the Welcomes. I'm real excited to be here and hope to bring something to the table soon, if not just an another set of wings to target...hehehe

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    Hey Spokejocky. Welcome here.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Is there a TS Lobby I can hang out in while I'm doing my offline training, perhaps a member might come along that can fly in my time zone (-5) that might like to drag a boat anchor along with them. I've been hanging in DCS TeamSpeak and I have only a few who pop in and out. I'm on most every evening, and find that TS channel rather baron, tumbleweeds, Vultures fly over head..

"•Members must complete a minimum of 4 MP hours each month with a fellow member of the 476th vFG"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have a Letherman....I'll fight!!

"The Pit": http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=894

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I just found where the TS lobby is private, that's Cool, I understand for sure. Perhaps an open server the junior members could check in on when we get in our pits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Welcome, Spokejocky. We've had lots of inquiries in the past about doing some type of semi-public TS/DCS server to provide casual training such, but haven't simply due to struggling to provide manpower to train our current trainees. In short, we're swamped! :-)

We do welcome you to apply when the next round of applications opens up. In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions with the sim, certainly will find plenty of friendly help on the forums here.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I was on last evening with Ashy, and I was too late for Venum (sorry dude). While we were doing the Start-up stuff, he noticed I was using my VOC system to request start-up. I don't have much I can bring to this team except I do tech-support for a living and seems that now I like doing it at home too..hahahah.

Although we hit a snag, I was sort of showing him how to start his own VAC profile. I don't know how to make Utubes, and I'm better with direct communication like on a TeamSpeak to show how to set this up. Anyhoo...to the point now.,...

If some one up here wants to learn how to make a VAC profile, I'll be on tonight perhaps some one can get introduced to it and actually "tanker, Ready Pre-contact" with out reaching for the keyboard..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Thought I'd give a special "Army Red Leg" Huah! to Ashy and Venom.

We have been training for several nights now couldn't tell you the hours as Multiplayer doesn't want to keep track of that, most every night for 3 to six hours.

Between us we all have some peace to bring to the pie. I think we're more ready now for trying outs, I know we'll keep at it. I have new additions to "The Pit" my wingmanship is close to cured. (What's-er-name isn't so impressed....Pshhh). Thanks to their patients I'm learning to deal with the chaos, flight dynamics in poor weather. I'm learning some points on navigation, I'm finding things that require some home work that I've not needed to do with the AI.

Everyone is getting better at the systems and even troubleshooting. Regardless of the results of the tryouts, I think they'd agree, We likely will be flying together for quite some time to the future.

Huah!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]