United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Sim does'nt respond to Keyboard, Cannot un-pause it

Hi All,
    When I run my DCS A10c, it will not respond to the keyboard, and so cannot un pause it. When in options>controls pre starting mission, all keyboard commands appear to do what they are supposed to, also all HOTAS controls and buttons work. It's when I load a mission, it asks me to press Pause.....but nothing happens. I have checked that it is the PAUSE button to un-pause from the controls set up in options......anybody shed some light on this. I have also uninstalled/downloaded new software from DCS/installed......but still problem is there.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Hmmm, strange. So when you are in the DCS options>controls, and you hit your "pause" key, does it jump to the "pause" command line/key setting? Sounds like you've already confirmed that but worth double checking.

it's almost like your controls settings lua files aren't loading once the sim activates. when you uninstalled, did you also deleted the \users\xxxx\saved games\dcs warthog files, so that the keyboard settings are loaded from scratch? (obviously want to back up any custom keyboard/hotas/pedal settings that you may have an install them after you've tested the default files that dcs will install)

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Are you using a USB hub to connect multiple controllers to your PC? If so, is this a powered hub; meaning it has a seperate power connection into your electrical socket on your wall?
    And is your keyboard connected via a hub?

Otherwise I would doublecheck the key assignments in the options menu. Perhaps you have loaded a profile by mistake which deleted key assignments?

AWACS/ATC Controller - A-10C Pilot

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you using a slider for speedbrakes? On my X-52 Pro I had speedbrakes assigned to one of the sliders and if for example I left the slider pushed up it would constantly press LCTRL+B to deploy the speedbrakes, cancelling out all other button presses on the keyboard and HOTAS. If this is the case move it out of the working position into the deadzone and all should work fine again.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daze. View Post
    Are you using a slider for speedbrakes? On my X-52 Pro I had speedbrakes assigned to one of the sliders and if for example I left the slider pushed up it would constantly press LCTRL+B to deploy the speedbrakes, cancelling out all other button presses on the keyboard and HOTAS. If this is the case move it out of the working position into the deadzone and all should work fine again.
    No, this does'nt apply to me....i am using a TM HOTAS, that it's not recognising also.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    Are you using a USB hub to connect multiple controllers to your PC? If so, is this a powered hub; meaning it has a seperate power connection into your electrical socket on your wall?
    And is your keyboard connected via a hub?

Otherwise I would doublecheck the key assignments in the options menu. Perhaps you have loaded a profile by mistake which deleted key assignments?
    No, not using a hub....but thanks for suggestion.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I think I'll have a look at what joyride said, That sounds quite a plausible scenario. Will report back

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    You can delete (or rename) the \users\xxxx\saved games\dcs warthog directory without reinstalling . As soon as you launch the sim it will recreate a new directory with the default files.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I have deleted the \users\xxxx\saved games\dcs warthog directory.....still the same. It seems that when it launches the Sim, it's not picking up my controllers..(keyboard, hotas,trackir)....so how the heck do i check that. is there some file I can look at? No matter how many times I uninstall and re install....it's not picking them up.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Try alt-tabbing out of the sim and then back in again. See if controls are picked up when you get back in.