United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

A couple Quick Questions!

Ok so we are trying to add a tanker to one of our missions that we fly multi-player with and we are having some issues with it not coming up in the comms menu for us to contact it. Anything that you all could think of that i could to to troubleshoot that. Because i am obviously doing that wrong.

Next, so we really like the mission that you all have available for download. is there any way we could get some more from you guys if that's OK. Preferably if you have some for 2-4 clients that could handle the mission. we usually train together with 2-3 players sometimes and rarely 4 since it is tough for us to get to fly with zero mass

And last but not least this has nothing to do with dcs at all. but myself and spokejocky are looking at getting into the fsx world as well. and was wondering if any of you gentlemen fly that sim and what addons/mods do you all use and what we should do to get started with all that. Also maybe perhaps does someone have some general key-bindings for the hotas setup.

Thanks for all the help! Ashy

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    OK and one more question. we are having some major difficulties setting up tars. Would anybody be able to maybe meet up with us via skype teamspeak and help us out with that.
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ashy,

I fly DCS quite a bit and do use TARS etc etc. However on the FSX side, I have been flying that for almost 8 years now. I have logged over 4,000 hours on VATSIM in the commercial and tactical realm. I use quite a bit of stuff to do my flying. Whatever I use is strictly based on what my mission is i.e. Commercial Flying, Military Missions etc etc. If you would like PM me on here and I will go into detail. There is way to much stuff to talk about with FSX depending on what you are trying to do. Don't want to write an entire book on the forum here

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    ok wel could you maybe help us out with tars. do you have skype or anything or teamspeak that we can link up real quick. thenk we will work on fsx... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    What mission are you talking about Ashy?
    As for the tanker not in the comms menu: 99% sure you are using the wrong radio.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuka For This Useful Post:

Ashy (14May14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Ashy...try "FOB Vetka" for a good mission for 2-4 players. All of my missions can be downloaded from the Eagle Dynamics website, Downloads, User Files. My missions are under the user name "deephouse". A few of them are posted on our download section as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joyride For This Useful Post:

Spokejocky (14May14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    As for the tanker, sounds like you haven't added the tanker correctly in the mission editor if it's not showing up in the F10 radio menu. It takes very specific steps to get the tanker to work correctly. Must have the correct radio set for the tanker as well as the refuel task at the orbit waypoint. Best way is to look at another miz. and copy how the tanker is set up. Maybe that will help?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joyride For This Useful Post:

Ashy (14May14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    What mission are you talking about Ashy?
    As for the tanker not in the comms menu: 99% sure you are using the wrong radio.
    Stuka Iwas talking about the one that you guys have aviable for download in the mission section here on the section. Operation Hacienda i believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    As for the tanker, sounds like you haven't added the tanker correctly in the mission editor if it's not showing up in the F10 radio menu. It takes very specific steps to get the tanker to work correctly. Must have the correct radio set for the tanker as well as the refuel task at the orbit waypoint. Best way is to look at another miz. and copy how the tanker is set up. Maybe that will help?
    Thanks joyride i guess i will have to dig a little more deeper into that and pay more attention to detail. i did mimic one from a previous mission but i guess i missed a couple of steps. In the mission download section here on this website i am only able to see one mission to download in the missions sections. Should there be more? Possibly cause I do not have privileges to see them all. But how ever thanks for directing me to your ed forums sections i will get those missions as well. Is there anyway you could help us with getting tars working. We worked all last night on it and searched all kinds of forums and can not seem to find any info to get it operating. Not sure if tars is installed correctly or the team speak version or maybe just the teamspeak server that we talk on is allowing us to use plugins. but help with that would be greatly appreciated so we could start training with that as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    This is the miz file that has the tanker that I edited. I think you may also have this file already. Originally this tanker only orbited. I managed to make it racetrack. One could use it to compare. I've not added a tanker to any missions since I made this one. I do recall pulling my eyelids off trying to get it to work. There are some triggers that put him in to orbit on one spot, then triggers that put him in to race track and another that release him from that racetrack. The triggers could muck up the understanding. You might break this one down to something simpler by removing stop and go conditions and triggers. I don't think it has to land or even come out of race track. I think when it gets low of fuel. he/she will just land itself. I do know the radio must be assigned, there are two places to assign radio, I think to one in the advanced waypoint settings is the one that would show up in the menu. Also two way points need to be race track. I think the tanker only need to reach the orbit waypoint to switch to refueling task. You might compare this miz file to the OMAHC miz we got from here. Aries is the tanker to be compared to. Poseidon has triggers to send it back to base.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B...GpZcGJuQlNEMjA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have a Letherman....I'll fight!!

"The Pit": http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=894