Thread: Questions and hello

Sweden
       Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink Questions and hello

Hello I am NorthernViking but was forcefully put into surgery to be named NorthernViki and turned a cross dresser, with a new username

Ive seen the other posts here and everyone introduces themselves, I cant be worse. 24 years young.
    I'm a Norwegian living in Sweden since many many years. Some would call me a traitor for it (And weirdly, some do), I however consider myself purely as a opportunistic traitor for doing just that.

Been playing DCS on and off for about two years now, I only first started to really dedicate myself to it after purchasing the wonderful dedicated TM H.O.T.A.S. and throwing my X45 to the side of my desk, staring at it occasionally, remembering the pain of using it with DCS and how much of a joy the Warthog is in comparison.

I enjoy long walks in the woods and this is not a bio for a internet dating website so I will just skip that part and move over to my questions. (I do however enjoy long walks in the woods... with friends, dressed in camo, with markers, paintball markers, or airsoft. And shoot the living hell out of each other, or the opposition. )

Honestly I only registered to ask if you guys run a Public server that one can drop in on and see how you guys are to play with. Seen a couple of your youtube videos, but a video does not tell me what the experience is to fly with you lads, it only hints to what it is like.

I frankly don't want to waste your time(Or mine) by signing up waiting for recruitment openings and whatnot. In my quest for trying to find an answer to my question, I took my time to search and found a post from September 2013, that you did not have a public server back then but were discussing the idea, so I guess I am asking if that idea is still in play or if it's been made a reality. Also I realize you probably don't have a public server as of yet due to the lack of not seeing any posts about it and not finding any, anywhere. But I have an ulterior motive and did not want to be rude. I am kind of hoping for an Administrator to transform me back to the old me. To give back the ng to the end of NorthernViki so that I may arrive at Valhalla one day complete as NorthernViking

Oh and despite my ulterior motive there, I really am interested in learning if the idea of public play is an idea that is still thought about for a near or far future. (of course near would be more preferable for many i think, even those smacktards out there who has been banned from servers, just waiting for a new to be banned from and ranking up their leaderboard of the banned.)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Welcome, we currently have no plans to host a public server.

Sweden
       Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alright, thank you for your swift reply.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    In the future we MAY have "open days" where we allow non-members into TS and a training server to fly with us, either for community training sessions or simple come and see what we're about type days.

But that is subject to ED producing a true dedicated server app so we can host more than one DS.

We will never provide a "public server" as such things are totally incompatible with our kind of flying.