Thread: AAR

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    No TM dead zone, no TM curves, no TrackIR precision mode for me. I used to lock TrackIR during tanking, after positioning my sight angle where I wanted it, but stopped doing that after I got comfortable with tanking.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    I tried using curves and dead so ed and it only made it more difficult. When I only rely on the trim and slight movements, I am getting great results!

Germany
       Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    I don´t use any deadzones or curves either. Have my WH for a while now and I don´t have the feeling it wears out - other than loosing paint here and there.

Sweden
       Sweden

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I´m coming in a bit late in the tanker speed discussion, but a good way to converte IAS to TAS is the following calculation:

(220 * 0,018 * FL) + 220 = TAS

FL: Flight Level in thousands of feet, ex. 15 for 15.000`MSL.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

JayPee (18Sep14), Spokejocky (10Sep14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Feeling soooooo motivated right now! After a 45 minute flight and 26 hook-ups, I filled up my tank. My longest hook up was 38 seconds with multiple more above 10 seconds. Practice, practice, practice! There is no boom! Hoorah!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ski For This Useful Post:

Ashy (15Sep14), El_Roto (15Sep14)

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,110 Posts
    Nice !
    Keep practicing. You'll figure it out in the end.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuka For This Useful Post:

Ski (14Sep14)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yeah I am also having hard time with this lol but I have a PoS joystick. So you guys use no curves at all? Those sticks must very good because without curves I can not do anything it is so sensitive. I am using an old Saitek AV8R-01 and I could not hook up to the boom at all until I took 2 wire ties and put them on the spring to make it more loose. I am at least getting hooks now but I loose the connection at half fill up. The boom never seems to reconnect though does the A-A gauge have to say Ready? Because I closed and opened the door and the ready light came on and it reconnected right up. Is if there is a way to set it on 1:1 for the joystick?

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Most of us use thrust master hotas warthog sticks(that I know of). Sensitive is good. It may be hard but it is good. Once you build muscle memory it will become very easy and natural. Make sure when practicing you plane is loaded with bombs etc. she will be easier to fly that way. If you can afford the hotas I surely would recommend it and it will totally help in you flying and making things easier. I started off with a pos stick too and said the hell with it and bought the hotas. And no, we do not use curves.

Here is a link.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-021-_-Product
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    I spent about 2 weeks buying different set-ups to try them out due to lack of money. In the end, I purchased the Thrustmaster HOTAS and it was the best thing I every purchased. It is replicated on the A10C and alsmost all training in the SIM describes the best way to learn buttons on the HOTAS. I suggest saving to buy it on eBay or Amazon or Newegg.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yeah that will be awhile in fact I did not even have enough money for the A10c game a friend actually bought it for me. I have Vertigo so I can not work. I use to drive a Semi for FedEx now just my wife is working. We went from 120k a year to 40k a year I miss my paychecks lol. I think I have my stick setup good though I actually did a full refueling tonight. I use to play with a guy in IL2 that flew P51's in WW2 (RIP Billy) and I am using his joystick setup. He said the sensitivity of the sticks were way too much and would be fine if you had a stick from the floor. But he would set the sensitivity down to 60% and Deadzone it at 10% since that is the movement you would get in the real planes. You ever wonder why you can not use a full back pressure on the stick without the plane stalling? There is two factors that make this true the actual stick movement which is no where near 100% from the floor since you have your body in the way and the air going over the control surfaces which make the movement a little harder. So 60% is very much where you would be on a table top stick. So my settings is 10 deadzone, saturation X 100, saturation Y 60, and Curve 30. He would use a curve very much like 30 because he would say in the real planes that is the meat and potatoes of the stick where it would start grabbing the air also why he would use a deadzone air is flowing over the wings and not the controls so a little movement would not do anything. So 10% of a 60% stick is where you would start feeling the air more and 30% is where it would start getting harder to move. Not sure about the A10C though I was watching a real pilot and his movements and I did notice he was hitting his body on a lot of moves.
    Last edited by Stewart; 16Sep14 at 06:08.