United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Do not use curves!!
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Tried, have to use curves it is completely uncontrollable without them. Maybe with the Thrustmaster you do not but with mine there is no way to fly without the curves. Without no change in the Axis I can move my stick back not even an inch and it will stall the plane there is no way to fly it with default setting. Yes my stick is calibrated with the Saitek software and there is no options to change the stick on the sofware. The other thing was the spring on the stick is so hard that I had to use wire ties to loosing the spring my arm would get tired playing one mission. It is not a bad stick in the sense of a cheap one I have had it for years and bought the X42 the first month it came out which finally bit the big one back in February, a complete board failure, so I pulled my old stick back out of retirement. At least it does have separate throttles on it.

71MCjAKZ25S._SL1500_.jpg

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    I had a very successful AAR today including filling up before the tanker hit the turn. I also gave command to my wingman to fill up. That was great to watch. After both tanks were full we landed successfully. Something I noticed after the FE landed and shut down was about 5 doors opened on his plane between both sides. What buttons make this happen?

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Only time I have seen that happen is when my plane was getting repaired.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart For This Useful Post:

Ski (19Sep14)

Canada
       Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I'd give curves another try. I used to use curves, tried no curve, gave up, then finally tried again and had the epiphany once I adapted enough to gain some control. I also don't use a Thrustmaster, just a POS X52 with the spring mod. In fact I'd be happy to have a spring thats nearly as stiff as yours because slop is my enemy. Maybe your stick is utterly unsuitable but I'd give it another go without curves cause its really just slower. Everything with curves is slow and when I stopped using them I realized how much faster my inputs were. Faster input also means faster corrections on the boom.