Thread: Multiple TS3 Instances

Saudi Arabia
       Saudi Arabia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Multiple TS3 Instances

I've looked around on the forum and i can't seem to find another thread that addresses this, and i'm sure it's come up before. It concerns TARS and TS3. At the present, the latest version of TS3 is not supported by the Latest version of TARS....or is it visa versa...? Anyway, the problem i'm running into, is I can't go back to an older version of TS3 because I need it to access current servers. However without the older version I can't use TARS.

Is it possible to run two separate versions of TEAMSPEAK on the same computer. Not simultaneously but run 1 with TARS the older version and the newer version for sites that require it?

I've tried putting them in two separate drives but I think it's linked to the user. I tried creating another user but then DCS wants an authorization key... what a mess.

I don't need TARS right now, but I thought I would get it up and running as soon as I could. I might have to wait for a newer version of TARS to come out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Saudi Arabia
       Saudi Arabia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Disregard....

Instead of trying to run DCS on the newly created username I just kept it under the original with an older version of TS3.
    My other programs will work just fine under the new user name and the newest version of Teamspeak.

Problem solved.

Sweden
       Sweden

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Disregard....

Instead of trying to run DCS on the newly created username I just kept it under the original with an older version of TS3.
    My other programs will work just fine under the new user name and the newest version of Teamspeak.

Problem solved.
    Make sure all your software versions are aligned with 476th versions (at least until next recruit starts). You can find those here: https://www.476vfightergroup.com/con...tware-versions.

From my experience so far with all the softwares we use, TARS is the most problematic one. Works fine one day, and crashes totally the next. Make sure you don´t have it activated tough if you´re in a MP session with someone who doesn´t have TARS.

Saudi Arabia
       Saudi Arabia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey thanks for the info I didn't know that.

For the time being, I really have no use for TARS as I don't know of any TS server I have access to that is using that old of a version of TS. Having said that it's been removed and the latest TS installed again.
    I am currently updated past the current DCS/A10C versions being used by the 476, so i'll just wait and see where you guys are when recruiting starts again. Thanks again for the info.