United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts

TrackIR vs PAC Switch

I had an odd occurrence during a flight with Stuka last week. Every time I depressed the PAC switch my TrackIR would center. This would leave me looking zoomed in on the panel instead of the target under my gun pipper ; not a pleasant thing when you're flying at 300 knots, 800 feet AGL.

After the flight I tried troubleshooting the problem but got nowhere. I left it behind to concentrate on a new project: replacing my Warthog's mic switch. THAT was a pain in the *ss. It wouldn't work initially so I went through a ton of steps to try and fix it (all I needed to do was disassemble the entire right throttle).

One of the things I tried to fix the throttle was a system restore, rolling back to before I accepted a bunch of MS security updates. Guess what? My TrackIR problem went away. I haven't looked at Natural Point's website to see if this a reported problem but there you go.

It's certainly not a given that the updates were the problem but I'm not planning on reloading them to find out.
    “Get the nosewheel on the ****ing centerline.” - Al Hawley, my first IP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Roto i found i was doing the same thing but with a different button press. I assume you have your trackIR center button on your throttle somewhere. Check what button that is brcaise it might be the same button number as PAC on your stick. TrackIR wont differentiate between the stick or throttle just that button number 1 or whatever is being pressed. Mine was set as mic switch push in for center....well thats button 2 on the throttle which meant when i hit the pickle button on my stick, also number 2, my trackIR would center. Super annoying and i couldnt figure it out until i changed the binding and the problem went away.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    That's what the problem had become but it didn't always used to be that way. I had throttle button number one set up as my center switch for a very very long time and it never interacted with the PAC switch. Suddenly it started happening. Now after I ran the restore things are back to normal and I can hit throttle button number one and not have joystick button number one react and vice versa.
    “Get the nosewheel on the ****ing centerline.” - Al Hawley, my first IP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    So to make sure I'm understand this correctly... When you pull first stage on the trigger it you have it set to zoom in some how on your piper area?
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]