United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Setting up Comms in A10?

Hi,

I am having problems setting up my Comms in the A10.

Questions....

a; do you have to set the TARS radio keys every time you open up TARS software...ie, is there no save option? I set my 'mic switch' every time I open the software.
    b; Do i need my (TM Hotas) mic movements (up, down, Fwd and Aft) set anywhere in the games (options>controls) menu? I was under the impression that I 'clear' them from this.
    c; What is the significance (if any) of 'run as administrator', and do i need to do this for TARS, Teamspeak and the Sim?

I am a little exhausted after trying all ways to get comms sorted in the DS. I get Tars connected to TS3 no problem, my problem is getting my 'mic button' to operate as a PTT button for the relevant three radios.

I'm sure I am missing a simple solution.

A step by step guide would be appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    AHHHHHH.

Vodka, are you running the TARS control panel as admin (ie right click, run as administator)? If not, that may be the problem. Try running as admin and then changing the PTT assignments again, then close and reopen the control panel. It's best to run both TARS and TS3 as administrator, it avoids a lot of issues in my experience. The easiest way to do it is to right click on the shortcuts, select the compatibility tab and then tick "run this program as administrator".

Try that out, and see if it fixes the problem. I should have though of this earlier but it didn't click until you said you were having to change the assignments each time you started the control panel.

NB: Once the assignments and other settings are configured to your liking, you don't need to run the TARS control panel again.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    AAhhh,
    Eddie, you beauty!
    I have just done the above, jumped in the DS....and all seems to be working now. Checked on TARS whilst in DS....and I now have my blue button lighting up when I toggle the 'mic' button in the 3 directions.
    Unfortunately, nobody about to get a good comms check. Maybe tomorrow....but i'm sure we've cracked it. Looking forward to someone showing me the ropes in the DS now.

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,108 Posts
    If you're running Windows 7: unless you have a really good reason to not disable user account control: Disable it.
    It releases you of a lot af problems like this (where you have to install/run software as administrator)

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!