Thread: Hello. I'm New

Australia
       Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm New

Hello from Australia. I'm Apoll and I've just registered. I am very impressed with the level of training and ethos of the 476th, and, as a result, decided to stop 'lurking' and come out into the light (particularly love the podcasts!) I've been involved in sims, like most if you, for a long time now, and love study sims like A-10c. I have been investing in a lot of time learning that sim, but I have never played multiplayer....only single player. Ii have been working through the Maple Flag training campaigns, and that is challenging...but a great sense of achievement. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion, however, that if I want to progress further with my skills, then I am going to have to bite the bullet and get involved in multiplayer, as there is so much to learn. And learning from other people online who know much more than I do seems to be the way to go. So...checking it all out. I have to say that the training syllabus of the 476th sure looks hardcore; a little intimidating to say the least for one who has never been in a multiplayer situation. I have several questions if I may:

1) how should I go about getting into multiplayer? Just jump in somewhere and give it a go? Or us there a suggested route I should follow? Grateful views...

2) this is a US site; what times are you generally active on the net and where can I find the time slots for multiplauer sessions? I'm in Australia, so I think the time differential is going to be an issue. But having said that, I'm pretty free at present to commit time to exploring multiplayer.

Thanks in advance.

Apoll

Welcome Apoll. I joined the 476th having done a lot of single player but no multiplayer flying. The training here is so well structured that you learn flying as a formation properly.

As to flight times, the European guys are typically active in the evenings so mornings for you. Friday nights are a popular time so Saturday mornings Oz time.

Maybe we see you around.
    Last edited by Trigger; 03Nov14 at 07:23.

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,542 Posts
    Hi Apoll. Like trigger said, bot US and Euro guys active here.
    Still no match for your timezone, but at least 2 possibilities.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

Australia
       Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok. Thanks very much for the replies. I guess I'll look closely at the time slots. Should be able to work something. Do I just jump in? Presumably I need to set up Teamspeak first and TARS?

Thanks.

Apoll

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,542 Posts
    You'll first have to wait until we open recruitment, we don't run open servers.
    That will most likely be early next year.

More info about the recruitment: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/cont...Recruitingmain

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

Australia
       Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok. Will watch for that. In the meantime, I'll work hard to get up to speed. Btw, really liked the podcast.

Apoll