Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VEAO Hawk pre-sale

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Based on your first experience, would it really help newcomers to virtual flying/DCS to get a proper feel? I would think the Hawk is more forgiving than the A-10C, especially in the hands of a first timer. Just trying to find out if its real world purpose is also served in DCS.. However, IRL the use of a trainer is probably not only because it is a good airframe to learn the basics in, but I'm guessing in the long run a fleet of trainers is a lot cheaper than e.g. a fleet of F-16s.
    Last edited by JayPee; 09Dec14 at 08:21.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
    Based on your first experience, would it really help newcomers to virtual flying/DCS to get a proper feel? I would think the Hawk is more forgiving than the A-10C, especially in the hands of a first timer.
    Yes I do believe it will if your interest is in jets. When I first sat in the pit of an A-10C, I asked myself what in the world have I gotten myself into? I was overwhelmed, the Hawk is going to introduce pilots to a jet aircraft without being so intimidating.
    And even better than that, it's a real hoot to fly!
    I bought it because for one thing, it's a beautiful aircraft and second, I love flying aerobatics and we already know that it's capable of that. (Luv watching the Red Arrows)
    I plan to just have some fun with it without worrying about all the flight planning and getting shot at when I have a little free time.

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    I plan to just have some fun with it without worrying about all the flight planning and getting shot at when I have a little free time.
    I'm with you on that. I'm currently using the 15C for that same reason. I plan on getting the Hawk, but since I held off 'supporting' VEAO, I might as well wait a bit longer until its finished. Definitely going for the L-39 as well when it comes out. Again, for shits 'n' giggles.