United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Crashing

Ok so lately i have had trouble with dcs crashing and teamspeak crashing out of nowhere. it only happens when i click fly whether i am in multiplayer or single player. i have narrowed it down somewhat but at a loss of what to do. I has to be because of aries. when i click fly with aries running it makes dcs lock up and teamspeak completely locks up in the background. if i disable aries in ts it does the same thing. the only way it works somewhat normal (ill explain what i mean by somewhat here in a second) is if i completely close teamspeak and run dcs. Ok so by somewhat i mean the sim still has a hesitation or lag sometimes about 5 secs when i click fly single or multiplayer. I have recently last week done a clean install of teamspeak and aries for the 100th time. Any suggestions?
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Did you also remove DCS and start over? And that includes your Documents\DCS folder I'm afraid...

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,108 Posts
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

On a more serious note: did you install Aries as admin?
    Also, rename your your DCS folder in saved games. Let DCS create a new one when you start it.
    You'll need to re-connect Aries after that.
    You'll loose all your settings, inputs, skins,.... but it's just a test at this point.

If that fixes the problem, we can work getting your settings and such back over. (and maybe ID the actual problem doing so)

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I was afraid of that... ugh... that is so much to do. but on a better note i have installed and un installed aries and teamspeak so many times i know all the settings by heart. oh and yea i did install it as admin. it has got to do something with teamspeak i imagine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    OK so update on my crashing issue. I completely re installed everything last night. DCS Teamspeak and aries. Got it all done in 1.5 hrs. Whew. After i get everything set up after running DCS for the first time. I exited out and went to the multiplayer desktop icon and everything was fine. I jump on the ds and just before it gets in the lobby. BOOM DCS CRASHED. Well so I try to narrow it down and see if it does this in single player. works fine. so I try to go to multiplayer from the main menu. Works fine..... what the hell? Lost in translation now...... i havent tried it yet from the multiplayer icon to see if it crashes there and only there. After all that reb flew a test flight with me and everything worked like a champ even aries. yes i turned it on and off. lol.

ok so now to my next question. for the skins to be installed correctly i have everything done except i remember there was one file with a zip folder inside of it in saved games but i dont remember where it goes and where to get it from to put it in there. or does dcs make it for you. stuka i know we talked about this the other day but.... i forgot.... i have horrible memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    The full d/l of the skin pack has a readme file that explains all of the steps to create the proper skin folder/s IIRC. Do you have that?
    “Get the nosewheel on the ****ing centerline.” - Al Hawley, my first IP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Like Roto said the "how to" is included in the full version.

Crashing when entering the DS is likely because you didn't install a required mod.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    ok for the skins to be installed correctly i have everything done except i remember there was one file with a zip folder inside of it in saved games but i dont remember where it goes and where to get it from to put it in there. or does dcs make it for you. stuka i know we talked about this the other day but.... i forgot.... i have horrible memory.
    I have the textures and liveries installed along with the auto execute script. per the "how to" But again what i am asking is somewhere in dcs saved games or where it is installed there is a folder with a zipped folder that is also necessary for the skins. we did it when we first started training and and stucka also referred me to it a couple days ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Crashing when entering the DS is likely because you didn't install a required mod.

I had all the required mods when it crashed. only thing i didnt do what turn voice degradation off. I changed that and it now has no problem since the fresh install.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    I have the textures and liveries installed along with the auto execute script. per the "how to" But again what i am asking is somewhere in dcs saved games or where it is installed there is a folder with a zipped folder that is also necessary for the skins. we did it when we first started training and and stucka also referred me to it a couple days ago.

And like I said the full version has that file and the read me has the directions where to put the zip file.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 13Dec14 at 00:41.