United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts

Aries help please

First let me start with an apology to everyone, I'm sorry for me losing my cool last night.

Now, for a little history....I, like Snoopy, have been one of the few that really haven't had many problems with Aries, until it really counted, for this weekends flight.
    The only change I made for this weekends flight were the nec updates to DCS and the skins ( I think that's all we had to update) anyway, up until that point, Aries was working perfectly. After the update, the Eves dropper would not turn off even with all the suggestions that were made, and I even tried running DCS in windowed mode so I could see the Aries radio panel as Dojo suggested and it would not respond. So I tried uninstalling Aries and all traces of it that I could find and reinstalling it, still No Joy. Then I noticed that Tacview wasn't creating any files and saving them........hmm, is that a clue? So I uninstalled and reinstalled that too, No Joy, it still wouldn't work. I tried a DCS repair thinking that something in the update may have been corrupt, still No Joy.
    My PC has been working a bit slower than normal lately and I've had a few other weird things happening from time to time so I decided to just dump everything and start with a fresh install of all programs. All went well, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, everything is updated, DCS and all its components including Tacview are working perfectly but I saved Aries for last, I followed the instructions to the letter ( I think), I extracted Aries contents to a folder and attempted to run the set up as an Administrator but get an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
    Through research that error mostly indicated that Net Framework may be corrupt or not installed, I have 4.5.1 and tried a repair on it, other suggestions were to ck for any more Windows updates, there isn't anymore available, so now I'm stuck, waiting on Dojo's towing service......help please.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coolhand For This Useful Post:

El_Roto (16Dec14), Snoopy (16Dec14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Dude.. first... I don't think you owe anyone any apologies here! This is home, we're allowed to complain to each other. We were all on TS feeling your pain last night, and you weren't the only one having issues.

But yes, I'm happy to help try to get you sorted.
    Last edited by Dojo; 16Dec14 at 13:00.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dojo For This Useful Post:

Coolhand (16Dec14), El_Roto (16Dec14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    I got lucky and stumbled across my solution, Aries is installed and working.

I turned on the App Scanner plugin in T/S, then the Aries program installed.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Glad to hear it. I had my first trouble free Aries flight last night so there is still hope! Flew for 2 hours with Stuka and everything was fine. I think the TS being overloaded on Sunday was causing connection problems and dropping people into eavesdropper mode quite a bit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Coolhand (17Dec14)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Glad to hear it. I had my first trouble free Aries flight last night so there is still hope! Flew for 2 hours with Stuka and everything was fine. I think the TS being overloaded on Sunday was causing connection problems and dropping people into eavesdropper mode quite a bit.
    I'm glad to get it working again and hope for the best with my next flight.
    During this past weekends group flight I was on TS for a while working on my problem while the flight was in progress, I was amazed at how many people I saw that dropped their connection from TS. I assume that most pilots didn't even know it due to the auto reconnection feature in TS, but it makes me wonder, could the problem we are all experiencing with Aries malfunctioning during our flights be due the dropped connections from TS? I know I've been pointing the finger at Aries, but perhaps our problems may be with TS instead. Perhaps this is something we might want to investigate/test.
    Last edited by Coolhand; 17Dec14 at 11:46.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Not sure how we could test this but I know for a fact my TS connection dropped about 3-4 times before I stared having the eavesdropper problems. Grunt was also dropping out a lot as well and had the same issue.

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    *Stable radio client connection if more than 10 clients are up in a session.
    Aries Thread

Could be related to the Sunday session?..

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMass View Post
    Aries Thread

Could be related to the Sunday session?..

Good possibility. We had 8 for flight night last night and to my knowledge no one had any issues.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I heard from some where and for the life of me cant remember but aries basically shits the bed with 10+ people. And that is something they or working on for the next patch.
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashy For This Useful Post:

Howie (17Dec14)

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    "Furthermore , we prepare the communication and data management for the radar applications. We planned initially to deliver the next version with the radar interface ready.This is postponed to January as version 1.970.Version"

Anyone got any idea what this is all about? What radar applications?