Thread: To all us Noobs

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

To all us Noobs

We have a gathering place for want-a-be's here at the IBclan.net. We have a TS room with Aries running. Venom, Ski, Surefire, myself, and Ashy visits from time to time. I'm on Vacation till next year and have been in the pit an embarrassingly whole lot of time.

Your welcome to pop in to the site and get in the TS. We are the "Inebriated Brethren" we are a fickle buch, crude and foul mouthed. Most of us are not DCS'er's. I've listed the small few, but we take this serious. no jack-ass-ing around. You must be 21. I'm currently back to basics with flight maneuvers and wing man contracts.

if your interested, go to:

http://ib-clan.enjin.com/forum/m/159...wforum/3006911

Introduce your self tell, Them I din't send you, perhaps you'll not have to walk the plank. Applications are approved after you drink....err..fly with us a while we don't take kindly to Pups and Trollers. From the site, you'll find the TS occupants, at the top of it in yellow, double click it and your PC will ask you "are you sure you want to associate with them?", Think on it and choose your fate. If/when you come in to the TS channel you wan't to visit all channels every time you come in, announce who you are, and that I did not invited you, and then say something derogatory them. You'll be fine
    Last edited by Spokejocky; 24Dec14 at 20:42.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have a Letherman....I'll fight!!

"The Pit": http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=894

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spokejocky For This Useful Post:

Ashy (24Dec14), JayPee (26Dec14), Ski (24Dec14)

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I'll be paying a visit this weekend!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    right on, you could add [476] to the front of your nick name. im up here most all day. youtubing and formations. and helping anyone get anything running. i`m up there now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Well, now it's 2nd Christmas day over in The Netherlands (we have two, yes) so I'll be joining tomorrow for sure.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    We need to get this pre-training group going. Working on pre-iqt fundamentals. Thoughts?

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I've registered over at IB but I must say at least to me it's lacking every bit of structure. Is there something like a roster or other form of planning/briefing? Haven't been able to find it so far.

EDIT: Who are these IB guys? It seems they just downloaded a bunch of 476 docs, replaced all 476 referencing with their own IB logos and re-uploaded them for 'their' training?

Ski if you want you can let me know when you'll be online in general and I'll check to see if you are on the TS server, I won't be around on that forum.
    Last edited by JayPee; 04Jan15 at 14:50.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
    I've registered over at IB but I must say at least to me it's lacking every bit of structure. Is there something like a roster or other form of planning/briefing? Haven't been able to find it so far.

EDIT: Who are these IB punks? It seems they just downloaded a bunch of 476 docs, replaced all 476 referencing with their own IB logos and re-uploaded them for 'their' training?
    Punks? yes... Scavengers? yes...Plagiarists? No. Am I being accused of such here? We simply are a group of old dudes whom game together. I started there with some flying buddy's to have a home to go to fly with familiar pilots that aspire to be 476th.

There is no structure at the IB, where did I suggests this?. We are "Nubes". You need not be a member of IB to fly with us, I only sent you to the site to get the TS channel. I don't know, is that info not available with not being a member?, advise me.

Help me here, this post read's aggressive to an offer friendship and help. Please explain. Were you not able to get in to our TS channel, or were you expecting something based on something I claimed?

We have no IQT training, I can show you how to run most the systems, and get all the comms running, Though we postponed Aries for now as we've spent more time fussing with it than actually flying.

I'm sorry I missed you over my vacation, I'll be on most evenings 1900 to 2300 EDST from Monday on out. I'll be up there on and off all day today If I can help. Let me know, this post concerns me, I'm sure it a misunderstanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Spoke, I'm not sure to what extent you as an individual represent the IB group but it was by no means my intention to offend you as I really appreciate your intention to help others get going. However, when I am invited over to a group of people who take this sim seriously I find it a bit odd to end up on a typical 'gamer's' forum with a Star Wars/LOTR colour theme and flashy nickname fonts. IMHO a bit of a contrast if you feel me.. But maybe that's just me and maybe I need to be a bit more open to how others do and like things.

Regarding plagiarism, there's a member named Venom who openend up a topic about documents and study guides linking to what clearly looks like 476 documents in which somebody removed all 476th logos and references and partially replaced them with IB logos and remarks. I've not been able to find any form of credit or proper referencing to the 476. Now it's definitely not my place to defend the 476 or the original authors nor is it my intention to start a quarrel, the 476th maybe doesn't even care, but I do know from experience that these sort of acts can be reasons for people to stop sharing and I'm sure you and I really don't want the 476th to stop distributing their freely available learning material.

The TS server info is available on the forum and I've already managed to get in. Like I said, I will be checking that server to see if we can do some proper procedures training should we be able to meet at the same time (at least you and Ski are US, I'm EU). The rest of the community part I just don't feel like it's my cup of tea. Again, no offense meant.
    Last edited by JayPee; 04Jan15 at 13:47.

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    Well, If I see this document linked over at the IB site, it does not leave much room for interpretation...

Guides, checklists, info pubs for Russia and Georgia,... it's all there, and has magically sudden other logos, "IB" in the title,...

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Unquestionably, the 476th publishes documents intended for consumption by the general public. I don't believe there's any issue at all with using these documents outside of the 476th. But strictly speaking, this is an example of plagiarism, though I understand and suspect the offense is probably more due to lack of consideration, versus outright trying to violate the authors.

i.e. most folks assume that because the document is public, it's fine to take it, alter it, re-distribute it... and even claim it as their own as they may have made some "changes". Simply put, it's not. The proper thing to do is request permission, expressing what you intend to do with the document from the authors.

If and once permission is granted, awkward cases like this can be avoided. I don't believe that Spokejocky and the other guys had any malicious intent here, as they're relatively active participants who I believe want to join at the 476th. This is just likely lack of consideration... which can be corrected.

Not that you ever deserve to be publicly called a punk on these forums, Spoke. That, I don't ever think, is cool. So reach out to the command staff via PM and get this sorted quickly, eh? And we can all go back to being brothers.