Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 476th vFG Class 15-01 Recruitment Announcement

Canada
       Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I ever tell you guys the story of the nugget who washed out on his first day for ignoring the taxi lines?

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Do tell ! Zig zag between the lines not allowed ? Lol Jk. Look forward to the challenges!

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Why are you looking for about 10 people this time whereas classes in 2013 and 2014 had 4 to 6 trainees? Is it simply because you'll have more IPs available? I guess it's maybe not really my business but I'm just curious..
    Last edited by JayPee; 12Jan15 at 16:25.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    We've mixed things up a bit this time around to allow us to take on more people at one, and potentially have people go through training faster (but rest assured there will be no reduction is standards).

It will however place more focus on trainees learning on their own and asking questions and generally being active and flying with other members and not just their IPs. This both speeds things up for those who learn quickly and gives those who need more time and mentoring the opportunity to get it. And it also lets hose without the commitment/real interest needed wash themselves out without wasting too much of people's time.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:

JayPee (12Jan15), Scarecrow (12Jan15), Ski (12Jan15), Spokejocky (12Jan15), Trigger (12Jan15)

Germany
       Germany

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
    Why are you looking for about 10 people this time whereas classes in 2013 and 2014 had 4 to 6 trainees? Is it simply because you'll have more IPs available? I guess it's maybe not really my business but I'm just curious..
    The rest of the squadron has finally broken the IPs in [emoji3]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trigger For This Useful Post:

Dojo (12Jan15)

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    It will however place more focus on trainees learning on their own and asking questions and generally being active and flying with other members and not just their IPs. This both speeds things up for those who learn quickly and gives those who need more time and mentoring the opportunity to get it. And it also lets hose without the commitment/real interest needed wash themselves out without wasting too much of people's time.
    Maybe a bit of an experimental approach, but it certainly makes sense. I can't speak for other trainees but I for one like it when I get to figure things out on my own and than verify if I've got the hang of it. Somehow this learning-by-trying method speeds up me getting familiar with new things. As long as you indeed make sure that nobody performs sub-standard in the end, I think it'll work out really well for those who prefer such style of learning.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    It doesn't replace the requirement to attend formal training sessions though.

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

476th vFG Class 15-01

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    It doesn't replace the requirement to attend formal training sessions though.
    Oh but that's not what I understood from Eddie's message. It's just that I like the room to figure things out myself a bit and together with other students, and what I got from his post is that is what's we can expect from the 'new' method, if accepted that is.
    Last edited by JayPee; 12Jan15 at 18:00.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    If a formal training night is planned training pilots are expected to attend, that doesn't mean it'll happen ever week like we did in the past and obviously it won't be a one IP per one training pilot like the previous classes.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Formal training will still be occurring with IPs, on a weekly (mostly) basis, it'll just be more dynamic and tailored to what students actually need rather the simply following a predetermined order and program of subjects.

This also means the particular day may vary as well, and that the U.S./Euro timezone pilot will have more opportunity to mix.

For example, rather than doing an IQT 2 training session, we may have a night. dedicated to airfield ops/flying patterns etc. and the next weekend a session on night flying.
    Last edited by Eddie; 12Jan15 at 18:07.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:

IronHog (12Jan15), JayPee (12Jan15), Ski (12Jan15), Snoopy (12Jan15), Spokejocky (12Jan15)