Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Man Caves aka Pits

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Do you still have this setup as is, or have you changed things around?

Germany
       Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Here is mine (its more a general gaming PC setup, rather than a flightsim-only thing)

http://i.imgur.com/LGqhp9s.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nOD6GG6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/bvj0xbh.jpg

Nowadays, the central usb screen with the MFDs is collecting dust as I use the rift instead

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Entropy For This Useful Post:

Dojo (07Feb17), Jay (07Feb17), Kimi (07Feb17)

Uruguay
       Uruguay

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Entropy, that looks awesome! I love the green backlighting

PROFESSIONAL IDIOT (ISO 9001 CERTIFIED) || 31+27 / 08+40

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

Nowadays, the central usb screen with the MFDs is collecting dust as I use the rift instead
    What is that screen? Or was that a custom job? Very interested.

Germany
       Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    yo Dojo, that is a custom wooden panel that my wife built for me ( I have two left hands.. :/ ).
    It is made to accommodate a Lenovo LT1421 usb screen. The MFDs are simply taped on top with black tape. Between and below the MFDs I have HSI etc exported via Helios. I need to ask her, we should have the plan she made somewhere, I can send you via pm then if she finds it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy For This Useful Post:

Dojo (08Feb17)

Canada
       Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Pit Update

I picked up a plywood racing cockpit last year complete with PC, monitor, G-27 wheel controller and a bucket seat. The guy said it was from a 1984 BMW. I think he's half right.

I took it apart, built a frame under it and put it up on castor wheels so i could roll it out of my VR space. Then I went to work trying to figure out how to easily transition from flying to driving and came up with this.

This is how it looks for air combat. I have some ideas to incorporate a yoke controller for bombers and civilian sims.

Here I remove the joystick and rotate the joystick mount out of the way. The instrument monitor is held vertical by a bracket on each side. When I release the brackets the monitor lays flat.

Now I reach under and release the wheel shelf from the stowed position letting it hang. With the wheel shelf out of the way the instrument monitor can be stowed under the desktop.

The wheel shelf is held in position using barrel locks underneath either side. Eventually I'll replace this shelf with something that will allow me to use the gear shift when flying. It would be perfect in the Hurricane.

This is why I wanted to get the cockpit up off of the floor.

Another bracket holds the pedals in place and a false floor covers the opening. I'm working on something to hide all of the messy bits here.
    i5 6600K @ 4 Ghz - 16GB RAM - GTX 1080ti - 2x Cougar MFCD - 2x Saitek Throttle Quads - Saitek Trim Wheel - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - Stock MS FFB2 - MS FFB2 w/ F-22 Pro Mod - Helios for 2nd Screen Instruments and Gauges - DIY Track Hat, Bass Shaker & F-18 UFC - HTC Vive

Canada
       Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Some WIP pics of an F-18 C UFC.

This first design was me just getting comfortable with Coreldraw and the laser cutter.

Finally getting to the real exciting stuff. Wiring up a 256 button control board.
    Last edited by StiC; 25Aug19 at 22:14.
    i5 6600K @ 4 Ghz - 16GB RAM - GTX 1080ti - 2x Cougar MFCD - 2x Saitek Throttle Quads - Saitek Trim Wheel - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - Stock MS FFB2 - MS FFB2 w/ F-22 Pro Mod - Helios for 2nd Screen Instruments and Gauges - DIY Track Hat, Bass Shaker & F-18 UFC - HTC Vive

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StiC For This Useful Post:

Kimi (26Aug19)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    I built an F-16 ICP for my PC. It's not anything great to look at, but I think I'll enjoy using it. I didn't even attempt to make it look like the real thing, but just wanted the functionality it allows.

I used Cherry brown key switches from an old junked keyboard, so the only parts I had to purchase were the joystick controller board and the 4-way spring-loaded micro joystick. I added a momentary push button (in flaming red), for the "M" button below the HSI. I finished it today, and it appears to be working fine with the sim.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hiccup For This Useful Post:

Baxter (27Oct19), Brian (26Oct19), Bushpilot (26Oct19), Connellie (25Oct19), Dojo (26Oct19), Eddie (26Oct19), ExNusquam (27Oct19), Nomad (26Oct19), Oliver (25Oct19), Panther (25Oct19), Roman (26Oct19), Snoopy (26Oct19), StiC (17Nov19), Stryker (28Oct19), Tordillo (25Oct19)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Way too much but you can’t take it with you and the bills get payed food is pletyfull a dim alone in the house divorced in the late 90s daughter is all grown with kids of her own and I spoil them. I have three or four hobbies this is the indoor one the others require me getting out and that’s getting harder and harder.