United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Some Awful Problems

Ok so i have a brand new pc build. once i installed the os with only one monitor plugged in everything booted to that monitor. after getting drivers and such installed mobo etc. i plugged in second monitor. now my pc boots on the second monitor once the os is up it switches to the primary monitor. Primary monitor is listed as it should be in the display settings and as well in nvidia control panel. but even though they are listed as they should be in nvidia control panel i noticed that my second monitor is listed above my main monitor. which is no big deal but i have noticed that some games will be displayed on my second monitor and i dont want them there and i cant get them to to my primary. I have disabled my second monitor in nvcp and when i reboot (with my second monitor asleep) it will turn it (second monitor) back on and then off once os is up and is displayed on primary. Im using windows 8.1. Primary is plugged via hdmi and second is plugged dvi. My main concern is why does it show bios on second display when it boots and does this even when it is disabled.

Video to see what happens when i boot(regular boot)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2afkb1q12t..._2715.MOV?dl=0
    Last edited by Ashy; 20Mar15 at 12:16.
    Adapt.... Improvise.... And Overcome....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I can tell ya when I ran nvidia surround I had similar gremlins. What I found it was win 8.1. Never found a solution as I was running nvidia surround so not individual monitors per say. I would Google the heck out of win 8.1 and multiple monitors plus your issue. Win 8.1 has allot of funky gremlins.
    Crom Wills it[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    I am pretty sure the issue is with NVIDIA and the fact you have monitor 2 first in the list of monitors above. You have to have your primary monitor listed first and above you have monitor 2 then 1 which is why it is always choosing monitor 2 for your primary.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Also check the order they are hooked up physically to the card
    Crom Wills it[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFrodo View Post
    I am pretty sure the issue is with NVIDIA and the fact you have monitor 2 first in the list of monitors above. You have to have your primary monitor listed first and above you have monitor 2 then 1 which is why it is always choosing monitor 2 for your primary.
    How would i switch those around because i cant seem to find a way to do so in nvidia control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    Also check the order they are hooked up physically to the card
    Not quite sure what you mean by that. I not aware of any particular order. Ports aren't labeled. Elaborate please sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    My suggestion to switch the monitors on the NVIDIA CP would be to completely uninstall the 2nd monitor from you computer. Once you have only 1 monitor showing on the CP, with your computer running, plug in the second monitor and it should pop up as the 2nd. If this doesn't work I would shut everything down and switch the plugs so that monitor 1 is plugged into the port monitor 2 was in and vice versa for monitor 2.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I'm going to try your first step. I called evga and they said the same as your second step as the card looks at the dvi as what it reads first when it boots. And once the os is up it says hey I need to do "this"(swap). But I somewhat find that hard to believe as I was running this same exact setup on my other pc with dual monitors and it didn't do this. With an nvidia card. Gggrrrrr!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]