United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Aries Stops Transmitting Issue

So my last two flights on the Dedicated Server, my Aries stopped working. I could hear my flight members but they could not hear me and I stopped receiving the reassuring "bloop" when pressing the Mic switch forward, down, or aft.

With such a small sample size, I am attributing the bug to the fact that I am using Export.lua entry on/off to shut Aries off when not using Aries. It works fine when you turn it off, but if you turn it back on, it seems Aries will stop allowing me to xmit somewhere in the middle of the flight.

Again, I only have a very small sample size but it seems that when you turn Aries back on using Export.lua, you will need to do a full close out of Teamspeak and open it up again making sure you are opening it as adminstrator.

This fix may be wrong but it worked for me on this last attempt.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts
    The last time I had this issue I used to run vcredist_x64 in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\distr directory before each flight and it would work for me, for that flight. Later on based on a recommendation, I updated my video card drivers and have had no problems since.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Experienced this today. Just after refueling at Texaco on the dedi, TS briefly disconnected and reconnected. Aries appeared to be deactivated at that point. I could hear all comms of other flights. I was on a solo range run, so minor impact.

However, enroute home, I was composing a SADL msg to the other flights to advise of my loss of comms, to indicate that I'd deconflict for the combat sorties on approach. Unfortunately, DCS crashed when I was about 100 miles from Gudauta. Right after, my PC experienced BSOD (can't tell you the last time that happened).

Will update vid drivers and keep an eye on it. DCS has crashed on exit my last few flights, but usually that's minor.
    Last edited by Dojo; 20May15 at 03:12.

Germany
       Germany

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojo View Post
    Experienced this today. Just after refueling at Texaco on the dedi, TS briefly disconnected and reconnected. Aries appeared to be deactivated at that point. I could hear all comms of other flights. I was on a solo range run, so minor impact.

However, enroute home, I was composing a SADL msg to the other flights to advise of my loss of comms, to indicate that I'd deconflict for the combat sorties on approach. Unfortunately, DCS crashed when I was about 100 miles from Gudauta. Right after, my PC experienced BSOD (can't tell you the last time that happened).

Will update vid drivers and keep an eye on it. DCS has crashed on exit my last few flights, but usually that's minor.
    Sounds like the crash I had during tge Group ATO. Also heard TS disconnect and second or two later reconnect prior to the DS connection interrupted error.