(*$W&%#!

Let's start there.

I began the day, resolute on upgrading my PC's core components by end of month, just in time for the 950 Pro to be out. While examining my chassis for a mobo I'm considering, I noticed the chipset fan was dead. The machine has been running fine, and a check of the temp monitor reports a little warm, but nothing alarming. I likely lucked out by disabling my overclock profile when I got the 980Ti a couple months ago and forgot to re-enable it after testing, thus running it "cooler" than it has been typically.

In any case, called up Asus, board still within warranty, and they won't issue an advanced RMA, because, while they have them in stock, my board is no longer on the list for Advanced RMA. "Can you just Advanced RMA the fan? I'll happily replace it myself"

"No sir, you'd have to purchase individual components, we only RMA the entire board".

I've been religious about Asus motherboards, but it only takes one bad customer service experience to push me off. The only sensible thing I can do, is go ahead and purchase the new components now, so that the RMA down time doesn't affect me.

The new board definitely won't be Asus.