United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Stuttering Graphics in DCS 2.0 and probably 1.5

So I got DCS 2.0 installed and while I'm flying over Vegas I look to the side with TrackIR and I can see that the landscape is stuttering by every few seconds. If I pick out a point on the ground I can watch it hurk and jerk across my canopy. My FPS fluctuates between 30 and 50. This probably has been going on for a while but I just noticed it with the vast urban landscape of Vegas.

My specs:

i7 2600 3.4 ghz
    16 GB of DDR3
    Win 10 and all three installs of DCS on my SSD
    Nvidia 770 x2 SLI (but currently DCS is not recognizing SLI)

I have changed from the highest settings to the lowest settings and I have the same frames and the same stuttering problem. I normally run triple screens with NVIDIA Surround so I changed it to single screen but I have the same issues. I don't think it is my computer even though I built it back in 2011. I think my specs are similar to others but I don't think others are having my problem. I am at a loss of what to do I was hoping someone could help me.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

I have followed some of the advice in the above thread but I havent had time to try all of it. I plan on trying the most of these resolutions but I thought I'd get this post out here in case somebody else has the same problem or had fixed it in the past.

I would be very willing to buy and build a brand new PC for DCS 2.0 however I really think that there's another issue going on here and that won't solve my problem. Thanks for the help!

Norway
       Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Since you get the same framerate on all settings, have you got VSYNC enabled ingame or in nvidia control panel? Perhaps its causing issues? Dont know if you have tried disabling SLI (or if it is already disabled since DCS wont recognize it as you point out)?

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Those of us flying last night had no issues at all, it was incredibly smooth. Not helpful I know but confirmation at least that it's a problem somehow local to you.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Ive tried vsync on and off in both game and nvidia settings. I have not tried disabling SLI, is there a way to do it via software? Come to think of it I think one my monitors is plugged into the 2nd gpu so im not sure how its working if dcs doesnt recognize SLI or possibly just the 2nd gpu

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I've had the exact same issue in other games and the fix was to set pre-rendered frames to 1 instead of 3 in the nvidia control panel.

It's a CPU not being able to keep up with the GPU thing. You don't have a 2600K that you can overclock?

I'm running a 2500K @ 4GHz
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Single GTX 770

and don't have the issue.

I've got my PC set to performance mode but all of the C-states and speedstep are still enabled.

The shadow setting has a massive impact on performance for me over Vegas too. I've put them on low for now.
    Last edited by Howie; 02Dec15 at 09:06.