United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamrider View Post
    Stuka,

Is there an updated target list with descriptions and DMPIs for Version 3.1?

Beamrider
    Bump...

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    I don't have an up-to-date pdf since we are using an internal system to store all the target information.
    I'll see if I can come up with something in the coming days.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I don't have an up-to-date pdf since we are using an internal system to store all the target information.
    I'll see if I can come up with something in the coming days.
    Thank you sir!

Sierra

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you for all the stuff you have done and opened for public, this is so great.

May I ask for advise how to use the mission template for creating a practice scenario for approach/depart procedures and weapon employment ? Sorry if it is a dumb question but I am not used to ME except for editing some simple things.
    Should I remove the units that I dont need for the current practice as if I load the mission as it is it kills the fps.

Also may someone be so kind to give me some free tips on basic route planning and how to use properly nav points and tac points ?
    Do you add departure/arrival nav points into a separate (or the same as mission) flight plan or just use visual/insturmental refferences from the charts ?

And one offtopic question - What is the recommended way for calculating bingo and when is the wright time to hit the tanker ?

Thanks again.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metzger View Post
    May I ask for advise how to use the mission template for creating a practice scenario for approach/depart procedures and weapon employment ? Sorry if it is a dumb question but I am not used to ME except for editing some simple things.
    Should I remove the units that I dont need for the current practice as if I load the mission as it is it kills the fps.
    There are many ways. If you are getting a big FPS that can be caused by TacView running an trying to export data for all the unit. Turning that off may have a significant impact. If you need to then of course you can just delete the unused objects before each flight. Personally (and on our server) we run the mission as it is with all those object in it.

Also may someone be so kind to give me some free tips on basic route planning and how to use properly nav points and tac points ?
    Do you add departure/arrival nav points into a separate (or the same as mission) flight plan or just use visual/insturmental refferences from the charts ?
    There really isn't a "proper" way of doing this, other than if you are flying in a flight or with other people it would be good if you all did it the same way! Our procedure in the 476th is to make a flight plan from points we have chose during flight planning. If there are no pre-generated points where we need them then these are entered in manually in the CDU by co-ordinates. For simple flights most people will use one flight plan. If it get long and/or complicated then of course splitting the flight into several plans might be useful. It's all up to the flight lead and as long as everyone does the same thing and can communicate where they are going it will work out.

And one offtopic question -
    What is the recommended way for calculating bingo and when is the wright time to hit the tanker ?
    There is quite a bit of fuel planning in the publicly available 3-3 TTP manual. Bingo is the state that allows you to travel back to you home airbase at calculated fuel burn rate and arrive there with enough fuel to reach your divert airfield and still have a reserve.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scaley For This Useful Post:

Hansolo (28Feb17), Metzger (28Feb17), Nash (28Feb17)

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was TacView that causing massive fps drop, thanks Scaley.
    I am in the process of reading the 3-3 TTP but I guess i have not yet reached that part.
    Thanks for the reply I will take it

cheers.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Metzger check this out...

http://www.vusaf.us/RFN13/resources/...e/RFN13IFG.pdf

Sierra

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beamrider For This Useful Post:

Metzger (06Mar17)

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamrider View Post
    Great. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quick question...are the ranges as shown in the screenshots a private wing thing? I've installed the 476th range objects and loaded up 476_NTTR_p3.1 but I don't see anything other than vehicles all over the place. What am I missing?
    We get it up faster, keep it up longer, and shoot comm all over the world!

USAF 460th SCS

Condom

76th vFS Pilot
    Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyboPops View Post
    Quick question...are the ranges as shown in the screenshots a private wing thing? I've installed the 476th range objects and loaded up 476_NTTR_p3.1 but I don't see anything other than vehicles all over the place. What am I missing?
    Try to place the range objects under /Saved Games/DCS.openalpha/Mods and see if that makes a difference.
    http://www.476vfightergroup.com/signaturepics/sigpic1750_22.gif