Poland

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts

Instructional Videos

Hey guys,

Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Lq6kNtXbM - first approach to make short instructional videos of deliveries (similar to what was done some time ago with tactical maneuvers). Far from being perfect, so please write here any comments or remarks you have.

Starting with myself:
    * watermark of 476th is missing, maybe something else - Dojo you mentioned some time ago it would be nice to standardize all of 476th videos - has there been any progress with that?
    * resolution probably could be a bit better
    * viewports - maybe other perspective is needed? maybe one vieport should be from simulation instead of TacView?
    * videos un-sync - although at the beginning all 4 videos are synced it is not so at the end (look at the one in the top right corner) - no idea yet why that is happening

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IronHog For This Useful Post:

Dojo (08Mar16), Eddie (08Mar16), Isimus (08Mar16), Nash (13Mar16), Ski (09Mar16), Snoopy (08Mar16), Wolfman (08Mar16)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts
    Outstanding Ironhog! I thought that was what you where looking for with the question about split screens the other night.

Maybe reduce the info in the top 2 panels w/ Name and Heading only to help reduce the info bubbles covering too much? They can get that same telemetry from the HUD POVS. Possibly remove the ground target labels, so they don't distract from your focal point. Again just suggestions.

Nicely done, sir

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronHog View Post
    * watermark of 476th is missing, maybe something else - Dojo you mentioned some time ago it would be nice to standardize all of 476th videos - has there been any progress with that?
    The goal was to standardize the intro to Official 476th videos, and create a simple process for submitting videos to the official 476th Youtube channel. Just like you've done here, anyone would be permitted to create content, and once CS or a designated subject matter expert approved of the member created content, the intro/watermark would be pre-pended to the video, and then it could be uploaded to the official channel. Recon and I were working on this.

Noodle had some ideas of what the intro video could incorporate, (e.g. a 476th A-10C) and given all of the other things we were/are dealing with, it's deprioritized.

I think folks can and should continue to create content, it just shouldn't be published as official 476th until that stuff is settled, which should be easy when we have time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dojo For This Useful Post:

IronHog (08Mar16)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    I've got some intro ideas but the internet being as bad as it is here it's almost impossible to upload anything.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronHog View Post
    * videos un-sync - although at the beginning all 4 videos are synced it is not so at the end (look at the one in the top right corner) - no idea yet why that is happening
    How are you editing the 4 TacView POVs together?

Poland
       Poland

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    @Scaley - I am using free version of Lightworks

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Not got any experience with Lightworks unfortunately. Common things that throw the timing out are the different clips being in different timecodes at import, but that seems unlikely given I guess you're capturing them the same way. Is there any way you could be capturing the raw footage in Variable Bit Rate?