United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitormoura View Post
    Yes, exactly, I think he didn't get it...
    Probably need to be more clear then

Albania
       Albania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I contemplated making a new post, but I have decided to go ahead and add on to this one. I would strongly encourage anyone and everyone who is interested in joining the 476th to hop on over to the Twitch DCS World section. This past Saturday, Eddie, Dojo and a few others all streamed a large scale mission that they were conducting and today Gunny and Kimi streamed some range work. Gunny also spent a a great portion of his day providing feedback to some of the young up and comers in the community. (He's such a giver like that)

I think Twitch is a great place for everyone to get a feel for the community and get a chance to rub elbows with some of the folks you see here in the forums.

Additionally, for all of those that are perhaps not accustomed to flying with other people, the DCS community on Twitch is really open and accepting and I bet you could hop on a public server with some of the streamers and get some playtime in. I know that Chilly (Chillywillies) and Tab (Tab12393) are on all the time and they are both rather experienced (or fake it well) with the A-10C. Also, some other great streamers who stream regularly and are always willing to offer advice are Bootysweat911, Viper_VBDJT and Coltrogue. I know there are others, but I forgot their stream names. ;-) (Damn old age)

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/DCS%20World

As always, best of luck to everyone who is going through this (just opened) recruitment cycle!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YepZ For This Useful Post:

Chilly (02May16), Gunny (02May16), TAB (02May16)

Albania
       Albania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    This is obviously not viable on such short notice with recruitment just opening up, but it would be pretty cool if someone would take the lead on organizing a little friendly competition like with what Bunyap was doing last year with his monthly bombing competitions. Just a chance for the applicants to show off their skills and give the evaluators an opportunity to get an appreciation for where everyone stands. They're always waiting, watching and judging. ;-)

For those who don't know Bunyap Sims produces regular videos focused on DCS world, videos can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/4023446/videos

Even the 476th's own Recon Stewart participated in one of the competitions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQFxm98ir4

Was just envisioning maybe folks pairing up in two-ships and attacking some targets on Twitch or possibly recorded for analysis after the fact. I just need some entertainment for the days I am working from home and there are like two people streaming Gazelle's on Twitch. ;-)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    I like your enthusiasm YepZ! However, cool your jets a little! Our training is very detailed and it is very important to have patience. Once someone is chosen to go through our training, they will begin "from the beginning". You will see a lot of stuff you may already know, but now you'll learn it the 476th way! The men of this group have, and continue to, work to provide as real an experience as possible for all. As I said before, patience is the most important asset you'll need if you are chosen. Ask a lot of questions, have a desire to learn, and most importantly for a those who are chosen, get ready for a kick ass ride!!!

Albania
       Albania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    My apologies. My comments weren't meant to warrant anything official, but just perhaps between the applicants. It's perfectly fine and subtle message understood. I'll let you guys do as you do.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    No apologies are necessary. I think your eagerness is fantastic. I had the same attitude when I joined and I wanted so much to happen so fast and had to learn to slow myself down and be open to the process which will not let you down! In time, all new recruits will be inundated with so much material to learn that it will become evident how much the process needs to be followed. Good luck YepZ! Keep up your attitude as it will eventually pay off!

Albania
       Albania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Lol, thanks. I'm not applying though. I'm just along for the ride. I agree though, the applicants will quickly be preoccupied with enough things to do that delusional flights of fancy that I am suggesting will be impossible due to time constraints. Best of luck to all applicants.
    Last edited by YepZ; 02May16 at 22:11.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to YepZ For This Useful Post:

Dojo (03May16)

Brazil
       Brazil
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's a pity you guys just fly Nevada. I have a special interest in formation flying! If you decide to do some Caucasus missions let me known. I am not planning to buy Nevada for a while due to budget constraints. Any possibility to fly with 476th in TS?

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Hey RattleSnake. We in fact do fly in the Caucasus, although currently, we have been focusing on developing our skills at the NTTR. We have in the past and in the future will return to regular combat in the Caucasus, and other combat maps when available (e.g. Straight of Hormuz).

However, we don't currently host open public missions, meaning that regardless of theater, you would have to either be a member of the 476th, or a part of another virtual squadron we collaborate with to fly with us. In the future, the group may host general public events, but there are no current public plans at this time to do so.

Please feel to participate on our forum discussions, and enjoy access to our downloads in the mean time!