United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Training Program

Hey everyone!

I was wondering how I sign up for the training portion of this group so I can get better at my flying skills in DCS so I can one day apply for a position within the squadron.

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    951 Posts
    Albie

Training and membership aren't separated in the way you suggest. Once we have the capacity and the need for new members we recruit and accept a small number of new people whom we train to get up to our standards. Prior to acceptance we require applicants to be able to fly the A-10 on a basic level. What we train is Group specific things and things done in real life.

You've just missed the previous recruiting window it seems. Feel free to stick around and make sure to benefit from all things we share with the public: streams, documents, etc.

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts
    Thanks Albie, but as Oliver mentioned our training portion is 476th specific. Take a look at our Recruitment Requirements and Training Track on the Home page to get a sense of what is expected. Feel free to browse any of the Website you wish.

Amytollah

510th vFS SC
    United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    I would highly recommend the training campaigns from maple flag missions. They are very good and you'll get to practice most of the requirements need for this squadron. The first one is just basic flight stuff, and is now a DLC on the DCS shop. The other two are going to be at some point but you can purchase them straight from Maple Flag. And they go into weapon deployment and tactical employment of the A-10C. Good stuff!