Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Introduction

Hello fellas,

I know that recruitment is on hold now but just to introduce myself and hopefuly join when the recruitment is available.
    I am 32, located in Sofia, Bulgaria and do flight simming since 5-6 years mostly fsx/xplane in the beggining and discovered DCS about 2 years ago. I am fairly new to A10, own it a couple of months ago and spent like 50-60 hours SP mostly practice and training. I read the manual off course, have gone trough all the training missions, maple flag's basic and advanced qualifications(had no issues with them, mostly finished every mission from my first or second attempt), finished "save badger" campaign and I read A10s over kosovo, flying A10 in the gulf war and now I am reading "476th VIRTUAL FIGHTER GROUP TACTICS, TECHNIQUES, AND PROCEDURES 3-3.A-10C". There is a lot of good stuff in your forums so I am about to read and practice more I want to go for the next level of training with real people, correct procedures, comms and so on.. I am familiar with using SRS(Have not tested it in the A10 due to the lack of MP with it, but I regulary use it with the Huey).

Will be a problem the fact that I fly with 229th guys with huey ? Sometimes I just like to jump into Vietnam era and do some slick, Huey is a great bird and formation flying with it is very tricky Their events are thursday evening 2000z.
    Also I have a small baby irl so my regular MP flying is limited to evenings after 2000z until arround 2300-0000z.
    My english is not perfect it is not my natural, usualy I speak a lot of english during my work irl but when it comes to comms in DCS I think I struggle a little bit there but I guess it is due to lack of practice. Sometimes I am trying to speak while flying SP but I feel strange doing it.

Anyway, thats me, looking forward flying with you when possible.
    Best regards,
    Metzger.
    Last edited by Metzger; 20Feb17 at 08:10.

Amytollah

510th vFS SC
    United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Welcome! This place is great to get info on flying the A-10. I don't think that flying the Huey will be a problem. I believe the requirement is that you are not part of another VS that flies the A-10C. I could very well be worn on that. Anyway, please feel free to ask questions.
    Let The Purple Patches Reign

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy For This Useful Post:

Metzger (27Feb17)

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you.
    There is so many good readings here that I dont know where to start I feel fairly decent in charts reading and flying approach/departure procedures ILS or VFR, the only issue I have is now with VR it is hard to "wear" charts in the cockpit when flying.
    I wanted to ask if you guys have a NTTR mission for target practice open for public ? I downloaded your objects mod but I realy suck at mission editor

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Metzger,

Currently we only have one server and it's private due to the quite extensive list of mods we use. There are quite a few public servers that use our range objects, and there is also a downloadable version of our basic mission template for use in single-player practice and training.

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/dow...do=file&id=403

If you look at the thread regarding that download you can see what is represented in the file as well as all the google earth links to help you plan flights.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scaley For This Useful Post:

Metzger (27Feb17)

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Scaley

I found the google earth link but missed the next pages of the thread somehow. Now I see all the discussion, great.

ZULU

81st vFS Pilot
    United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Welcome Metzger.

Feel free to ask any questions you have in the public forums.

Czech Republic
       Czech Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello,

Missed the recruiting window due to relocation irl, I see it is closed now any ideas when recruiting for Europe TZ will be available again ?

Thanks!

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Welcome Metzger!