Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    955 Posts

Acer Predator X34A: opinions?

Well..

I've been monitoring (seewhatIdidthere) the Dell U3417W for quite some time waiting for the price to drop a bit. Now all of a sudden it seems that the Acer Predator X34A has dropped from €1,100+ to €900 but this might be a short time deal.

Does anybody have any input on the X34A? If it is indeed as good as some reviews state, I might grab it while I can for that price. For the record, those reviews that praise the Acer one above the Dell one (and others) mainly praise because the Dell is too standard; 'only' 60Hz, no G-/Freesync, etc.

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

Condom

76th vFS Pilot
    Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts
    Before buying my ultrawide i did a lot of digging. The X34 is a great monitor, you just have to be lucky with the panel i.e. backlight bleed. For some it's really bad, for others it's barely there. G-Sync is also big plus.

This acer has the same panel as the Asus RoG one, but has a far better and less invasive monitor stand, so it's the better choice between the two. I'd say go for it if you can easily return it amazon style.
    http://www.476vfightergroup.com/signaturepics/sigpic1750_22.gif