United Arabian Emirates
       United Arabian Emirates

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question NVIDIA / NVIDIA Inspector settings

I've been running the 1.1.1.1 version on my new rig for quite a while without any problems. On the last night ATO though I had different scenatio - a screen freeze and consecutive CTD effectively ending my mission in disbelief. What triggered that? I suspect it was a CBU-97 dropped on a target I was observing. Somewhere at the moment of impact my sim froze.

Anyhow, today I dug in (yet again) the bug section of the ED A-10C forum, to outsource a similar repeating issue and eventually a cure. In several threads I bumped into the CBU-97s targeted as reason for CTD. Furthermore some people were suggesting different approaches, the most reasonable seemed to be a proper tweaking of the GPU, with or without the use of the NVidia Inspector.

With this regard could you guys comment on the above. Eventually post any NVIDIA (NVidia Inspector) screens to compare what we have in the search for better performance and stability.

To begin with, here is my setup: MB: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z, CPU: overclocked (stable) 2600K@4.7 (watercooled), RAM: 8GB Mushkin Redline 1600, GPU: eVGA GTX580 (watercooled) w. NVIDIA driver 295.63, HDD: OS and DCS running out of 200GB SSD, Windows 7x64, all drivers are up to date.

Here is my nVidia Inspector window (note, this is after I changed some settings based on recommendations from ED forum). Eddie, I would greatly appreciate if you can have a look at this as well and eventually comment:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wizard; 16May12 at 12:16.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    .....those are the exact components for the computer I was going to build......and somehow I've decided to wait it out, for, I don't know.....It was interesting how many people had problems yesterday me included. 5 min out of Tiger I could no longer communicate with my flight on any radio but I could hear them, then I had the text window freeze on screen cause my keyboard ceased to function so I was trying to type text messages on SADL by hunting and pecking the CDU with my mouse. And then the mission was stopped, weird start for sure

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    May be unrelated but.....
    A couple days ago Lucky Strikes and I had some odd problems as well. About half way through our flight, he reported control problems and I observed his plane doing weird oscillations, and then jumping all over the sky. Later, on my final approach to land, my screen suddenly became a slide show with oscillations, and I was getting the text box from the tanker comms showing on my screen, (as I found out later, he was accessing the tanker comms at that time). I apparently was doing the jumping around bit at that time as well, as my final approach ended with me suddenly being teleported to the ground at a full stop in the dirt well off to the side of the runway.
    I was wondering if there is a memory leak in multiplayer mode, or something up with the link between planes in a group (or both). This is the first time I had experienced anything like this, and have never had it happen in offline mode.
    The rumors of my demise are premature. Ok, I've died twice but I keep coming back, I'm worse than a stray cat!

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Yeah I had a problem last night also which ended up with me becoming a big smouldering mess in the ground!! I think it was trying to land whilst reading the flight manual. But I'm putting it down to glitches on the system! And I'm sticking to it!

United Arabian Emirates
       United Arabian Emirates

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well, don't want to brag, but I actually wanted to discuss the settings on your NVidia graphic cards here...