Hey folks,

so i have been dropping many, many gbu's over the last couple of days to figure out which weapon of the A-10c arsenal i want to use for what target and in what situation. Although i think i understand how to achieve a pretty acurate Spi to feed precise gps coordinates to the gbu-38/31 on release, i opted for a test scenario which hopefully eliminates human error. So in the editor i placed the 476th target circle B and placed a waypoint (giving me spot on coordinates) on it at zero altitude (it changes the elevation level to whatever altitude there actually is automatically). Clear skies and zero wind at all altitudes to further eliminate adverse influences.

Even under these 'optimal' conditions, the gbu-38/31 still more often than not miss by 2-6ish meters when i drop them in crrp mode on that afore mentioned waypoint. Yes i know, the manual states that these gbus are accurate roughly to about 10m. Gbu 10/12 on the other hand are a perfect hit every time if i make no mistake settings things up correctly.

So, i did read Eddies post about the differences between the real world thing and the dcs representation. Anyway, so are the lgb's in dcs more precise than the gps bombs and is there nothing i can to about that '5ish meter' spread of the gps guided bombs, or can i do something to make it as good as the lgbs? What yours experience lately with these boms in 1.5/2.0?