476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    955 Posts
    Interesting.. CAM4 is said to give a more realistic feel, whereas CAM6 should be more convenient for desk settings.

I'll give CAM6 a try but most likely not before today's FN. I take it you hooked up the spring at the outer most connection point?

If you calibrate the rudder axis, be sure to really push the pedals to their physical limits, otherwise your calibration will be off. I'm even considering to reset it to the factory defaults, that is; using them uncalibrated.

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Yeah, spring on the outer hook. I didn't really like the way the tension increased in a non-linear way as rudder deflection increased, made holding large rudder inputs quite fatiguing.

Thanks, for the calibration tip. What pedal angle did you end up going with? I've got mine set just before the 30° mark.

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    955 Posts
    I didn't adjust mine, kept them the way the set got delivered. I'm sitting in a more or less upright fashion in a desk chair, knees bent about 105 degrees.

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Got mine set up this morning, very impressed, considerably more precise and smooth than the Saiteks I've had for the past 8 years.

I've gone for CAM 6, I find it's much smoother and more comfortable, especially at higher rudder deflection.
    I'd imagine they're also considerably quieter than the Saiteks. I know you use your headphones differently than I do, but I'm sure that 'plastic' sound of the Saitek's managed to leaked through.

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    955 Posts
    Ed, did you screw the MFGs onto a floor plate or something similar? I just have them standing on my carpet but as soon as I put one foot on a pedal without putting the other foot on the opposite pedal at pretty much the same time the entire unit tilts over.

Is it me being clumsy?