Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

DCS crashing

Hi,

Yesterday Scaley and I were all setup for IQT-1. However, while logging into thee DS1, after a while I got the message, "DCS stopped working". Several times I retried. Scaley saw me logging into the DS, and then saw me disappear. Eventually we had to quit, no way I could log in.

I continued trying, to no avail. Re-installed mods, everything is correctly updated, skins, Tacview, MODS, nothing has changed since last Saturday when I flew with Gliptal.

I tried to login to a different server, same problem. So it's not DS1 related. I tried several other servers, same problem.

Then I fired up a single player mission, which loaded correctly and found myself in a cold and dark A10C cockpit.

Then I quit, and logged in to the DS, super smooth and moments later I found myself in a cold and dark A10C cockpit.

So, here it comes: is it possible that DCS uses the textures from the SP mission for the DS login, and that it sped the loading up, preventing the message "DCS stopped working"?

Is it possible that when you login to the DS directly, the texture loading takes too long for the MP environment and DCS stops the application?

Anybody familiair with this problem? Or is it related to this version of 2.1?

cheers,

Preacher
    Last edited by Bushpilot; 02Jun17 at 08:09.

It can take a minute or even longer to load into the dedicated server, even with a powerful machine. Did the "DCS stopped working" message appear automatically, or did it pop up after you may have mouse-clicked or pressed a keyboard function? I sometimes get the DCS stopped working message after I "accidentally" press a keyboard button etc, but if I ignore the popup message, DCS continues to load and I'm in the jet.

Try it next time, ignore the message ( don't click close or ok) and wait a few more minutes. I tend to use the loading time to exit the seat and take care of any pre-flight out of sim taskings e.g. drink, snack, bio.

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    The message appeared automatically, (I've bad experiences clicking on things while DCS is loading, so that's something I don't do anymore), but yesterday the sim comes to a complete stop and then reverts me to the server browser screen.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Can you connect to other servers/launch into single player?

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    This morning I started a mission in SP, no problem. Then I went to the DS1, and could also login, np.
    Then I exited DCS, tried to login straight into the DS1, DCS crashed.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    813 Posts
    Wish I could help out but never heard of this problem before. Normally it's just a matter of waiting a couple minutes on first load. I'd see if it is still occurring after the update and if so, try a repair or reinstall.
    “Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own. " - Chuck Yeager

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    To be clear - you can load into the DS if you have started a single player mission before? If you try to log into an online server without having run a single-player mission before it you crash?

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaley View Post
    To be clear - you can load into the DS if you have started a single player mission before? If you try to log into an online server without having run a single-player mission before it you crash?
    That's correct. After the latest update I am able to connect to other servers (tried Normandy and the P-51 for a spin), will try he DS1 today.