Thread: Snap views - lack of sticking

Snap views - lack of sticking

So I have made some custom snap views, however I can't get the view to stay. From my research on the various topics on the DCS forums, in theory if I press and release the toggle keystroke (default I think was ctrl + 0) the view changes momentarily. Then I press and release the snapview keystroke the snap view stays until I would press the toggle again.

Now on my setup, I press and release the toggle and then press / release the snapview and my view momentarily changes to the snap but snaps back to default. Which makes snapviews useless, as I'm forced to keep holding the button to hold the view.

Seems others on the ED forums have similar issues months to years back. Yet no one ever responded with hey I solved it and here is the solution. So does it work for others? Has anyone experienced this issue, and solved it? I'm baffled.

Keynotes:
    • I changed the toggle from default to keyboard "0" because others mentioned changing it from ctrl + #
    • I also changed all of the snapviews from keypad 0-9 because keypad is now my CDU / UFC options.
    • Snapviews are 1-6 on keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    Hey Panther I had this a few months ago, I think the problem is in the keyboard.diff (Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard). If I remember rightly to identify the problem I renamed that file, opened dcs and then remapped the snapviews as you have already done, this will create a new file. The sticky views then stuck, then I had to remap all the other keyboard changes I had made. There might be easier ways but this worked for me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connellie For This Useful Post:

Amy (04Jul17), Panther (03Jul17)

Thanks that worked. Now I can enjoy snapviews again.