United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

--Guinness-- Potential new recruit

Hello everyone,

I am posting in here today because I find this squadron very fascinating. I have followed you for a few years now, but never had the courage to post anything. Plus, I was driving semi for those 4 years, so couldn't make a commitment. I mainly fly the A-10C. I am still learning the airframe. I am still lacking some knowledge on weapons deployment. I fly the conventional portion of the aircraft pretty well. I need to brush up on air-air refueling. I have read a lot of the 476thvFG documentation. I mainly want to get to know you all and get a feel for the atmosphere. I am a hardcore sim fan. I have been flying sims since F-19 stealth fighter from MicroProse. I have recently purchased a very nice machine. Alienware Area 51 - i7-6950x 10core - Dual 1080ti 11g cards, I fly with the Hotas Warthog's, Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5. Still waiting for my Obutto Revolution chair to get here, but on back order. I want to be a good addition to your team. I am 42 yrs old, 20+ yrs retired Army vet. I am back in college, but will have some nights and weekends to push through IQT if and when I get selected. I am currently with a Huey squadron 229th outfit. I'm never on when people are around and I want more people to fly with. I only ask to get to know you and you get to know me, before I make a commitment. Need voicechat info. I'll look on forums, unless someone sends me a PM first. Thank you =)

--Guinness--

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guinness For This Useful Post:

DirtyRazor (01Aug17)

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Hi Guinness and welcome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx For This Useful Post:

Guinness (01Aug17)

Hi and welcome to the 476th forums. You won't find the TS information, as our server is private for the current class of trainees and active members. Don't let that discourage you. We do on occasion open up the ts to have a get to know us day. Our recruitment process has recently changed, and we are keeping the door open. Don't hesitate to apply, and when we have the room we will process you in, it won't be a huge delay.

Remember we all started as rookies in the hawg, don't be afraid to ask questions. Most of us active pilots have a lot hours in the warthog.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Panther For This Useful Post:

Guinness (01Aug17)

Amytollah

510th vFS SC
    United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    325 Posts
    Welcome Gman! Most of us are cabby so I wouldn't worry about fitting in lol! But seriously this place is awesome and we like to help out where we can. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Let The Purple Patches Reign

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy For This Useful Post:

Guinness (01Aug17)