Thread: CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Viper, out of curiosity, how far are you in your investigative work on how to enable a data cartridge for the A-10? I know Noodle once tried it but faced some roadblocks due to how ED designed the sim, or at least the A-10 module.
    I know of two ways at the moment. They are more of a work-around, rather than a genuine DTC capability though. One way is what Gliptal's Cartridger does (basically generating lua files and placing them to appropriate folders in the DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\... folder structure). The other way is to generate (different) lua files and place them to appropriate folders within the .miz file structure, exactly as you guys have done in your downloadable NTTR mission, as I have noticed. Plus export all the nav points into the mission file, so they are accessible via CDU.

The only proper way would be having an independent external DTC file (lua, xml or whatever) that you could load your DTC from. That is, AFAIK, not yet supported by the module though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

Oliver (2 Weeks Ago)

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hello,

A little update on the development:

In the video you can see the UI, the basic flight-planning features, nav points, beacons, airbases, calculated nav data (KCAS, KTAS, GS, Mach, QFE, TCN fix, HDG, TRK, ETE, ETA etc.), units of measure option, different themes, terrain visualization with highest peak depiction (based on SRTM elevation data), mission rehearsal capability, snapshot making, and kneeboard generation (incl. map, route leg maps, mission card). And of course the use of the generated kneeboard products in DCS.

Please note it is very much WIP.

As always, any feedback is appreciated

Cheers

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

Baxter (1 Week Ago), Black (1 Week Ago), Connellie (1 Week Ago), Dojo (1 Week Ago), Eddie (1 Week Ago), Gliptal (1 Week Ago), Hansolo (1 Week Ago), Hiccup (1 Week Ago), Kimi (1 Week Ago), Noodle (1 Week Ago), Oliver (1 Week Ago), Preacher (1 Week Ago), Snoopy (1 Week Ago)

TWOT

76th vFS Pilot
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    I took the liberty of downloading the clip and playing back at 0.25x speed so I could take a closer look at the functions.

"Impressive, most impressive!"

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Hey Viper,

Although it was hard to discern details while watching the video on my phone, it's obvious that your app is very well executed. It looks great! Bravo!

Can't wait to try it out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I took the liberty of downloading the clip and playing back at 0.25x speed so I could take a closer look at the functions.

"Impressive, most impressive!"
    Youtube can do that for you FYI, in the video's settings.

TWOT

76th vFS Pilot
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Never knew that!

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A follow-up video showing the AJS-37 Viggen cartridge export capability and a stylized kneeboard page generation.

The exported (and in-game loaded) cartridge includes a TOT (ETA-locked) waypoint, a normal waypoint, and of course landing bases. The kneeboard mission card page includes, among other nav data, calculated QFE settings for each waypoint based on an atmospheric model.

Enjoy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

Dojo (6 Days Ago), Noodle (6 Days Ago), Oliver (6 Days Ago), Snoopy (6 Days Ago)