Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

  1. #11

    TWOT


    76th vFS Squadron Command
    Oliver's Avatar
    Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,171

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    537
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    799
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Welcome!

    Appreciate what you're doing, looking very much forward to your work.

  2. #12
    Hey, welcome! Amazing work until now!

  3. #13

    Condom


    76th vFS Pilot
    Black's Avatar
    Italy
       Italy
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    577

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    455
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    341
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Welcome ViperCF!
    http://www.476vfightergroup.com/signaturepics/sigpic1750_22.gif

  4. #14

    TWOT


    76th vFS Squadron Command
    Oliver's Avatar
    Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,171

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    537
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    799
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Viper, if you don't mind, what's your reason for creating this tool? Are you part of a group that would benefit from this?
    Last edited by Oliver; 16Nov17 at 21:27.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    countries
       countries
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Viper, if you don't mind, what's your reason for creating this tool? Or you part of a group that would benefit from this?
    1. Well, I find it interesting and I learn a lot of things along the way, especially as far as C# coding skills go
    2. To be completely honest, as I've already put quite a lot of work and time in it, I might release it as a payware app if there is enough interest in it, and if/when it is complete. I'll see.

    So far, I've been developing it just as an interesting project of mine. But I figured it might be quite handy for DCS, so I wanted to get some feedback and inputs in terms of which features would be considered useful.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

    Snoopy (16Nov17)

  7. #16

    Clippy


    76th vFS Pilot
    Kimi's Avatar
    Uruguay
       Uruguay
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,023

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,068
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    729
    Thanked in
    395 Posts
    Hey Viper, welcome!
    I created a Fuel Planning Tool that appart from fuel planning, does TOT and generates Takeoff and Landing Data Cards for all airfields present in DCS maps. Right now it only supports the A-10C and F-5E-3 and all data was taken from the RL performance manuals out there and crosschecked with DCS.
    Feel free to check it out. There's a manual included in the download that explains all the fuel burn logic and mission related info.

    Link to the thread: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/show...ing-Tool-(FPT)

    "Wacky Waving Arm Flailing Inflatable Tube Man".- \_(ツ)_/

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimi For This Useful Post:

    Black (16Nov17), Snoopy (16Nov17)

  9. #17
    Junior Member
    countries
       countries
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    Hey Viper, welcome!
    I created a Fuel Planning Tool that appart from fuel planning, does TOT and generates Takeoff and Landing Data Cards for all airfields present in DCS maps. Right now it only supports the A-10C and F-5E-3 and all data was taken from the RL performance manuals out there and crosschecked with DCS.
    Feel free to check it out. There's a manual included in the download that explains all the fuel burn logic and mission related info.

    Link to the thread: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/show...ing-Tool-(FPT)
    Hi Kimi!

    Thanks for the link. Very nice tool indeed!

  10. #18

    Clippy


    76th vFS Pilot
    Kimi's Avatar
    Uruguay
       Uruguay
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,023

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,068
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    729
    Thanked in
    395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperCF View Post
    Hi Kimi!

    Thanks for the link. Very nice tool indeed!
    I hope it will be of use. Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, we are all flight planning nerds here!
    Keep it up!

    "Wacky Waving Arm Flailing Inflatable Tube Man".- \_(ツ)_/

  11. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperCF View Post
    1. Well, I find it interesting and I learn a lot of things along the way, especially as far as C# coding skills go
    2. To be completely honest, as I've already put quite a lot of work and time in it, I might release it as a payware app if there is enough interest in it, and if/when it is complete. I'll see.

    So far, I've been developing it just as an interesting project of mine. But I figured it might be quite handy for DCS, so I wanted to get some feedback and inputs in terms of which features would be considered useful.
    Do go payware if you believe you can pull it off. Tacview shows how succesfull a product can be in the sim world.

  12. #20

    TWOT


    76th vFS Squadron Command
    Oliver's Avatar
    Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,171

    Awards Showcase

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    537
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    799
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Viper, out of curiosity, how far are you in your investigative work on how to enable a data cartridge for the A-10? I know Noodle once tried it but faced some roadblocks due to how ED designed the sim, or at least the A-10 module.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Like our website?

You can help us by donating to cover our costs.

Many sincere thanks!


Search

Follow us

Twitter Twitter youtube iTunes Subscribe to our Podcast