countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Saweet!

Only one question remaining: when?
    The core functionality is pretty much in place. Work remains to be done on the cartridging front. Also, a lot of bug fixing, a few "little" features/fixes, and a big one -- performance (TOLD, fuel flow etc.). So... hard to say

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    951 Posts
    That's cool.

You provide meaningful updates about your progress so people understand what's going on in the drawing room.

Have you decided yet whether to go payware? Or is it really a one-time project for you to build up your knowledge and skill set?

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    That's cool.

You provide meaningful updates about your progress so people understand what's going on in the drawing room.

Have you decided yet whether to go payware? Or is it really a one-time project for you to build up your knowledge and skill set?
    PM inbound.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I can't wait for this tool...looks fantastic!
    We get it up faster, keep it up longer, and shoot comm all over the world!

USAF 460th SCS

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    951 Posts
    Viper, I was wondering if you have any luck in developing a data cartridge functionality that does not require modifying the .MIZ?

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Viper, I was wondering if you have any luck in developing a data cartridge functionality that does not require modifying the .MIZ?
    I have reached out to ED and requested the data cartridge functionality to be supported by DCS (for the A-10C and the F/A-18C). The response was to wait till spring and have a discussion about it then. But, as I was told, the settings would still have to reside within the .miz structure. For SP it's not a big deal, but for MP it's a bummer as the .miz is on the server side.

With these limiations, all I can do cartridge-wise is to generate the lua's with the A-10C's settings and insert them into a .miz. The same goes for the Ka-50's ABRIS -- all sorts of things, including moving map polygons, circles, flight plans, nav points etc. can be exported from CombatFlite (as you've probably seen in the screenshots). But again, these can be inserted only into the .miz right now. The only exception is the Viggen of course.

All that's needed is if DCS allowed the loading of the stuff either from Saved Games (like it is done with Kneeboards) or from a separate file (like it is done in the Viggen).

On a slightly different note --the RL F-14B features the Mission Data Loader, that's capable of loading a cartridge with several pre-planned flight plans. So, the Heatblur's F-14 might support it as well, given their history with the Viggen. Also, I've been promised by RAZBAM to discuss the AV-8B's cartridging functionality when they come to coding that part of Harrier's systems.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

Baxter (02Mar18), Eddie (03Mar18), Hansolo (05Mar18), Hiccup (02Mar18), Kimi (03Mar18), Neck (02Mar18), Oliver (02Mar18), Reaper (02Mar18), Snoopy (02Mar18), Tex (03Mar18)

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    951 Posts
    That's very unfortunate to hear but obviously beyond your span of control. I'm sure your tool will be of huge value even without cartridge functionality.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    It's a bit perplexing. The functionality is already built in; it can be seen in the A-10's lua files. It's just not turned on for some reason. It's an unfortunate omission.

I assume ED's insistence on using the .miz has something to do with integrity check? If so, that should be optional/selectable. Crippling an aircraft capability for anti-cheat purposes would be really shortsighted.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Neck (04Mar18), Snoopy (04Mar18)

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    951 Posts
    Viper,

Will you use real life terrain data or extracts from DCS for the current Caucasus map?
    Last edited by Oliver; 27Mar18 at 21:25.

countries
       countries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Viper,

Will you use real life terrain data or extracts from DCS for the current Caucasus map?
    Sorry for the late response -- the post somehow avoided my mailbox. Regarding terrain data, I use SRTM (the ones which are compensated for blind spots). So real life data it is. As I understand it, NTTR, the new Caucasus as well as the upcoming Persian Gulf map should match real-life elevation mesh pretty closely.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ViperCF For This Useful Post:

Baxter (08May18), Emmy (07May18), Oliver (07May18), Snoopy (07May18)