Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setting up a Buttkicker (or other transducers)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    That fixed everything for me with the exception of Simple Radio. It is still giving me the error:

SRS Error.JPG

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    Does that happen with every combination of input and output?

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Well, I am a complete moron. I dragged the executable out of the install folder and that was what was giving me errors. I put it back and then created a shortcut and now I can preview my audio just fine. I haven't tested the servers yet but I'm sure that will be fine as well. I am almost back to active flight status!

Thanks Gliptal!

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    I finally managed to do my first flight with the ButtKicker, and it was quite the experience. I'm still not entirely satisfied with the volume levels, so I'll test more before posting my settings.

It's not a game changer like the TIR or the Oculus, but it adds to the immersion, is a cool feeling, and can be quite useful as well (e.g. I could judge the taxi speed by the frequency of the bumps). The Simshaker module's effects are very well made, I can swear I can hear the difference between the left and right main gear locking up even if it's impossible (I have a single unit and it accepts mono input only). One thing I expected and didn't get was an increasing rumble with an increase of Gs though.

One question: can the amplifier remain in standby (orange/red light) when not used for a few days, or should I switch it off entirely with the power switch?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gliptal For This Useful Post:

Tex (10Mar18)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can this setup work with VR Headsets that use there own headsets for sound. I would like to hook up a JetSeat or Buttkicker with my VR headsets and use SRS as well ?
    The VR headsets use USB ( I assume for sound and HDMI for Vid).
    Last edited by Johnic; 29Nov18 at 23:08.

Dominican Republic
       Dominican Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Setting up buttkicker, simshaker module and voicemeeter banana

Hi
    1. Want to set up Buttckicker Gamer (old one not II)
    with
    2.Simshaker for aviators and add on module version 2.12
    3.with Voice Attack,
    4. Voicdmeeter banana, all for especially DCS World
    Sound hardware: a) Realtek high definition from motherboard b) usb headset and micr. -c) Oculus Rift S VR, d) other usb mini for buttkicker only as Dojo described onJan 31 2018.
    As I am new to all this technical stuff and reading Voicemeeter manual is for me "chinese" Would like someone explain exactly the best and simpliest way for setup possibly with images. Have put the Realtek speakers (2 + woofer) as primary and all others mentioned on output. How can I configure that buttkicker reacts only with the bass of thr mini usb sound card (Dojo's setup). If I put Voicemeeter as default the Sound given is very distorted. If I have the primary selected (a) then it works but I know it is not the right setup. Furthermore simshaker module newest version seems not so customizable as the one Dojo mentioned (the blue one) no F5 no F18 and if I change in settings from the standard 50% to 70- all other settings change to 70....
    Please help, and thanks in advance