Argentina
       Argentina

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

SRS configuration on X52PRO

I’m having some problems configuring my SRS. Maybe someone can help me, I have a Joystick X52 PRO and have all the keys occupied for the A-10C except for the mouse button on the throttle. I want to bind the radio selection to this button, but can’t do it directly, I have to assign a key on SRS before and then assign this key to the joystick. Anyone know what keys I can use without creating problems on the plane controls? How can I assign a combination of keys on the SRS?

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    I used to own an X52, and IIRC binding the mouse stuff was almost impossible without going through hoops.

Keep in mind you'll need three PPTs when flying the A-10C (one per radio). How do you plan in handling that with a single key? Modifiers?

Argentina
       Argentina

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Hi Gliptal, the mouse button of the X52 has 2 axis and you can create 2 bands for each axis, four bands total. Then I bind a key for each band and a radio for each key. That's my plan. But I'm not sure what key I can use for the SRS. On another forum I been told to use TAB, SHIFT, Caps lock for radios and Ctrl for PTT. I'll try tonight.

Italy
       Italy

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    I see. I wouldn't use possible modifiers keys (like SHIFT) though. Whatever works for you.

Argentina
       Argentina

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
    I see. I wouldn't use possible modifiers keys (like SHIFT) though. Whatever works for you.
    Yes, it is what I thought but, they told that it works, so I’ll give a try. What other keys do think may work?

Uruguay
       Uruguay

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordillo View Post
    I’m having some problems configuring my SRS. Maybe someone can help me, I have a Joystick X52 PRO and have all the keys occupied for the A-10C except for the mouse button on the throttle. I want to bind the radio selection to this button, but can’t do it directly, I have to assign a key on SRS before and then assign this key to the joystick. Anyone know what keys I can use without creating problems on the plane controls? How can I assign a combination of keys on the SRS?
    I'm using the throttle "nipple" as my radio switches too. I set up both vertical and horizontal axis' as bands: 0-15/15-85/85-100. The 15-85 does nothing, to prevent triggering the mic by acxident. So you have to really put some pressure to key the mics. I had to modify my dcs costrols profile so i could have three keys only to be used with SRS, with no modifiers.
    Last edited by Kimi; 13Feb18 at 15:48.

PROFESSIONAL IDIOT (ISO 9001 CERTIFIED) || 31+27 / 08+40

Argentina
       Argentina

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Hi Kimi, that is the same configuration I have, now I have the radios of the A-10C and they use a combination of keys (ctrl + , ctrl -, shift + and shift -) and I can’t use combinations for SRS. What keys do you use for SRS?

Uruguay
       Uruguay

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordillo View Post
    Hi Kimi, that is the same configuration I have, now I have the radios of the A-10C and they use a combination of keys (ctrl + , ctrl -, shift + and shift -) and I can’t use combinations for SRS. What keys do you use for SRS?
    I use the two keys right of "P" (tilde and plus) and the key right of "Ñ" (open brackets).

PROFESSIONAL IDIOT (ISO 9001 CERTIFIED) || 31+27 / 08+40