Thread: Help regarding installing range targets

Australia
       Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Help regarding installing range targets

Hi all I am new to dcs and have just found your web site,I have tried to install the range target download but am unable to get it to work when i choose to load any of the missions it tells me, need modules for load mission:476 vfg range targets by Noodle & Stuka,I have downloaded these not sure where they go, is there a guide for installing this for thick people like myself that would like to use it as it looks like a really good bit of kit to me, thanks for the site it looks awesome.
    Cheers

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Straight from the download of the mod:

Manual installation:

1. Navigate to “..\Saved Games\DCS.xxx\Mods\tech” (or create the folder if it doesn't exist)

2. Remove any previous version of this mod by deleting the existing "476RangeTargets" or variant folder.

3. Place the “476RangeTargets” folder contained in this zip file into the “tech” folder.

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    And remember to remove the files from where you installed them in the first place (Eagle Dynamics\DCS.xxx), or it will still not work if I recall correctly.

Australia
       Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks guys had not removed the files from Eagle dynamics folder did this and it showed up straight away newb;s eh should have read a little further
    again thanks Bummer and Snoopy for the quick reply

Quatar
       Quatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Guys
    Any help for us poor guys who have DCS on Steam?

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanehaven View Post
    Hi all I am new to dcs and have just found your web site,I have tried to install the range target download but am unable to get it to work when i choose to load any of the missions it tells me, need modules for load mission:476 vfg range targets by Noodle & Stuka,I have downloaded these not sure where they go, is there a guide for installing this for thick people like myself that would like to use it as it looks like a really good bit of kit to me, thanks for the site it looks awesome.
    Cheers
    I am also having this same issue. I've placed all items in the correct folder from what I can tell. Every time I try to open the file in Mission Editor its telling me the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelzFan View Post
    I am also having this same issue. I've placed all items in the correct folder from what I can tell. Every time I try to open the file in Mission Editor its telling me the same thing.
    Are you on Steam as well? It seems the most issues arise because Steam doesn't see or use the saved games folder. My honest suggestion is move to stand-alone version if you can.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Are you on Steam as well? It seems the most issues arise because Steam doesn't see or use the saved games folder. My honest suggestion is move to stand-alone version if you can.
    To my knowledge I am not using a Steam edition. I am also able to create and load other "saved games" from the folder for other types of missions.

Take a screen shot of your location where you have installed the Range Objects, including a image of the range objects folder contents as well. Please ensure the directory address is visible in your screen shot.

TWOT

476th vFG Command Staff
    Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    950 Posts
    This is what your Saved Games folder structure should look like:

Last edited by Oliver; 14Apr20 at 18:59.

A mission’s execution often reflects the quality, discipline, and tone set in the briefing. - Chris “Kimos” Haave