Good day gents! Introducing myself Rolf "Brainz" Klomp (34) from the Netherlands (UTC+2). I'm an avid flight sim enthusiast and am searching for an active DCS community fly with, learn from and to teach. Looking forward to try-out for a position in the 476th VFG.

My first introduction to DCS was back in 2011 when I bought a DVD box copy of the A-10C, and I've been hooked ever since. Currently I own and fly (almost) all modules and have all the necessary hardware (TM Warthog, pedals, Track-IR 5, the works). The modules I've spent most time on are the A-10C and MI-8, but I have a fair understanding of most others too. And I've even modeled and developed an own private M-346 mod for a DCS virtual aerobatic team =)

In real life I'm a software engineer for a commercial flight simulator company that develops and builds B737 NG/MAX and A320 CEO/NEO sims. There, my main focus is on the FMS/FMC and other avionics systems simulations. Next to that I'm in the final stages of completing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering (hopefully this year) on 4D air traffic management. I have some real world piloting experience too, 5 years of flying gliders (solo), and some limited time behind the stick of prop aircraft and helo's.

As you can read my life largely revolves largely around aircraft, aerospace and flying. That’s why I’m looking for a group of dedicated fellow enthusiasts who share the same passion and whom I can learn from and exchange information with. I’m definitely up for the challenge to truly master the A-10C and other aircraft in a realistic multiplayer setting!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Salute!
Brainz