Thread: Long wait (idle) times when launching programs / DCS hungs when (dis)connecting USBs

Dildo

510th vFS Pilot
    Spain
       Spain

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Long wait (idle) times when launching programs / DCS hungs when (dis)connecting USBs

Hello,

I'm posting here as I'm going mad with my new desktop...

I already formatted and re-installed 3 times and I'm getting the very same issue(s) over and over again:

1. When launching some programs (DCS/steam) they sit in the task manager using 0% CPU for a while until they really start doing something ~30 seconds later.

2. When I hotplug some USB device within DCS it freezes. Just DCS. It actually doesn't freeze as per se, but it becomes unresponsive and after a while it will advance a few frames and eventually show the hotplugging message in the top right corner.

I am sure that these two problems are related but I don't have a clue about the cause. No AV installed, just bare win10 + drivers (that I suspect are the cause)

HW: 8700k, strix Z370-E, strix 1080 ti, 32gb trident z 3200mhz, 1TB samsung 970 pro

Has anyone ever heard of a similar problem?

Dildo

510th vFS Pilot
    Spain
       Spain

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    After lots of hours investigating the cause, both issues tracked down to Corsair K55 keyboard.

It seems to cause issues in some hardware setups (ASMedia?). No fix from Corsair yet even though it has been a known issue for months.