United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

TM Warthog Throttle Issue

I've started to notice that my right throttle is starting to become looser than my left throttle and I'm losing the ability for fine and precise throttle movements if my throttles are not linked. The friction slider has caused the left throttle to have more resistance but it has no effect on the right throttle. Any ideas or has anyone dealt with this issue?

Slovenia
       Slovenia

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts
    Open it up and you will immediately see what is wrong.

You cant mess it up. Screws on the bottom.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Is it a tension screw that you gain access to from underneath? You've seen this before? Thanks!

Slovenia
       Slovenia

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts
    Yes took mine apart twice.

And as you see from the pic, you get access to whole mechanism. It's robust, only be careful with wires and circuit board.
    Last edited by Energy; 19Dec16 at 18:01.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energy For This Useful Post:

Recon (19Dec16)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Thanks Energy!

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Hi Guys, been a while here for me here, hope all is well. I have a TM Warthog throttle problem. My PC is not recognising the driver after years of problem free use. Done the usual and basics of deleting and reinstalling driver with no luck. Reading forums on the DCS site suggest it's the PCB that needs changing. Anyone had experience of this symptom, and/or replacing the PCB. Thanks for any feedback

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Hey Comrade. I don't load a driver for my TM Warthog throttle or joystick, as Windows recognizes these devices with no drivers loaded for them, and I don't need the TM driver for my flying.

Understand that I'm certainly no PC hardware expert, but.... Does Windows Control Panel recognize your throttle as a device, and if so, do the axes and button presses register properly when you test via Control Panel's "Game controller settings"? If not, plug in the throttle to another PC or laptop (don't worry about any drivers) and see if it's recognized as a device on that computer. If neither computer recognizes your throttle as a device, then the problem may be your PCB or USB cable. You'd have to get a new PCB from Thrustmaster or return your throttle for repair, unless you want to do some heavy modification with a different brand of joystick controller board. If Windows does recognize your throttle and its button presses, then it's a DCS or TM driver issue, I'd guess.

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Thanks for your reply Hiccup. Yeah, maybe my explanation was not too clear. It is Windows that (al of a sudden) does not recognise my Throttle, and there are no green lights illuminated. They flicker now and again. Tried uninstalling the 'Unknown hardware' and then plugging USB back in before powering up ....still no joy. Looking on DCS forums, and there are a few others who have had this problem, and resolved it with a new PCB ordered from TM.
    I just thought I'd pop on here and see if anyone had experienced this within 476th. No worries, I'll get it sorted I'm sure.

Good to get back on here anyway after a long abscence. I'm working away in the Middle east on Hawks, so have limited internet and decent speeds to fly online with you guys. Planning semi-retirement next Autumn back in UK, so will hopfully be better equipped.

Thanks again for suggestions.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Good luck in getting your throttle back to normal, Comrade. Sounds like you have a plan. "See" you next Autumn!