United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Greetings!

Bryan here, 41 years old, hailing from Portland, Oregon. I've been teaching in some capacity for the past nine years and currently teach AP English and computer science courses at an AP-magnet high school. I did my undergraduate studies in philosophy and literature and graduate studies in creative writing and education. Since leaving my original home in Idaho back in the 90s, I've moved over 30 times, living along the West coast, Arizona, Hawaii, Illinois, Texas, Japan, and France.

After my first experience flying in Take on Helicopters, I was hooked. Four years ago, I discovered DCS, which I've been flying in exclusively since. Initially, I was only interested in helicopters, and I learned everything I could about the helicopter modules available in DCS before branching out to WWII-era planes and the A-10C, F-5, SU-27, and Mirage. Along the way I've learned how to create missions, analyze my flights with TacView, use voice commands with VoiceAttack, program a midi interface to use my iPad as a control surface, and build up my sim setup with TrackIR, dual-screens, Warthog throttle, T-Rudder Mk.IV pedals, ButtKicker, and a custom stick that I built from a Warthog joystick and a force-feedback base.

After logging about 1000 hours of flying in DCS, I felt compelled to find a close-knit community of flight sim enthusiasts dedicated to building knowledge and skills based on realism. In my search for such a community, the 476th vFG stood head and shoulders above the rest. With my background in composition, computer science, and graphic design, I would love to contribute to the 476th by creating, revising, and editing documentation, programming (web/software), and doing instruction and training—and anything else you might want to throw at me!

I've enjoyed scouring the website here over the past five months, reading through the wonderful resources you've graciously made available to the public, as well as listening to 476th podcast, and watching the numerous videos put out by the members—Recon's videos helped me immensely as I worked through the Maple Flag training campaigns, and his MQT videos have given me a clear sense of what to expect here at the 476th.

I hope you guys will give my application serious consideration. Looking forward to flying with you!

—Nomad
    Last edited by Nomad; 25Sep19 at 20:40.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Welcome Brine!

PINKY

| 76th vFS Pilot

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Welcome

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Welcome, I sent a PM as an invite for an interview. Let me know when it’s good for you to knock it out.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Welcome, Brine!