Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Introduction Thermalguy

Hello, my name is Scott and I live in Auburn, Northern California. I have been dabbling in Sims for more then 25 years going back to 486dx processors flying very basic simulators. I remember how exciting the Janes F-18 was when it came out. But DCS is a whole different animal and for myself it lets me fly a very realistic mission. When I go on the open multiplayer games it is hard to be serious and train with such a wide array of players at all levels. Finding the 476 is very appealing to what I want out of the DCS experience and that is to keep developing my skills and knowledge in a accurate and serious manner. Most of all I'm willing to learn and take instruction and know that being part of a team means that you do provide support by doing your part.

In real life I work for a defense company where we manufacture and sale high end optics for US and foreign military, my division specializes in thermal weapon sights for the dismounted soldier (to go on small arms). I have been working in the night vision industry for 27 years and have been involved in the development of many systems even targeting pods for aircraft. I have trained and consulted LE and Militarizes around the world in Night Vision systems and during a program in Britian working with the MOD I was called thermalguy and it sort of stuck.

I have been flying civilian aircraft for over 30 years where I have accumulated thousands of hours and currently own a Maule M-7-235 Bush plane. My wife and I have a daughter that is in college so we are starting to travel more. We went to Colombia and Turkey last year and next month we are going to Chile. In our travels we like to get off the tourist grid and really experience the local life and scenes.

I would like to chat and see if this could be a good fit.

Thank you,

Scott "Thermalguy"

PINKY

| 76th vFS Pilot

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    WELCOME, Thermalguy.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Hello Scott. Welcome to our boards.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Welcome, thermalguy.

Are you more interested in the A-10 or in the F/A-18? Be sure to visit our Downloads and Recruitment pages - and join us on our Discord channel.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I started DCS in the A-10C and then went to the Harrier which I felt was very demanding and the first landing on the LHD was very rewarding. But now I love the hornet and do not see wanting to move to anything else. There is so much to learn and so many weapon systems, ordnance as well as procedures on land or at sea. Even the new Super Carrier would be enough to keep one busy for another year.

Also great job on the NTTR range pack, this was very needed. This is how I found you guys as I was looking for a FCLS to field practice landings.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can anyone tell me how this discord thing works and what is the best way about getting it running, is it like Teamspeak. I have not done any team based gaming since Y2K and AA (americas army). I might be telling my age there.

Discord is super easy to use once you get used to it.

Download for windows here: https://discordapp.com/

You will need an email to create an account with windows.

After you have created you account simply sign in with your login information on the windows desk app.

The 476 vFG Discord Invite Link is here: https://discordapp.com/invite/Hw7xz95

Quick Tips:

Servers are on the left side of the application. (Click the 476 Discord)
    Text and Voice Channels are also on the left.

Settings can be configured with the wheel on the bottom left hand side.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:

Emmy (11Jan20), Hiccup (12Jan20)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:

Emmy (11Jan20)

Hello ThermalGuy, this is a great place to be for hardcore aviation enthusiasts. Greetings from SoCal!